Recommendation for New Build

What about the tooth count? Should I get the 80 or 100 tooth? Is this the same engine with the same backing being sold though amazon? Will this video be a good guide to installing the 4G? What about tech support from Bicycle-Engines?
I haven't used their tech support because I've been doing this for a long time, but it's all over youtube. that video is prob. close enough. Their will also be instructions with the kit. If it's flat where you live and you want more top speed 80 tooth if it's hilly or you want quicker acceleration and more low end torque100 tooth. I have 100 on mine. same engine, not sure about the backing because I haven't used them, but have heard good about the Grubee company.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is the same kit. If you want more speed and live in a flat area, the 80t is fine. If you have hills, don't care much about going fast or want more off the line torque, the 100t is the one to get. Here is the instruction manual from grubee's site.
Ha just seen this. I'm not sure which one of us is the parrot and which is the master. I'll be the parrot, might get some rum.

Okay these are the bike and parts I will be getting. Tell me what you think ... Engine kit ... Bike ... Brakes ... Mirrors ... In the instructions link that you posted stated ... Do not use a bike with wheel fenders as attach struts can come loose and get jammed in the spokes while riding causing rider injury. ... but the pictures show the bike with the fenders. What would be necessary to secure the fender?:unsure:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Most don't use fenders the metal is too cheap and vibration makes them fail. 4 stroke is a lesser chance but the piston is going up and down 7,000 rpm.

What can I do to secure the fender better? Will I need to get a speedometer too? Is the bike and parts I selected good enough?:unsure:

a speedo/odometer is nice but totally not needed. i have the cheap bicycle computer that runs off a magnet on the front wheel bcs I take long trips.
unless you plan on riding in rain, front fender is seriously not recommended. yes you can die or have your life changed forever if it comes loose. they aren't like motorcycle fenders. vibration loosens them up
unbolt and replace with stainless steel bolt n nut, add a stainless washer each side and use loctite. check every ride just like you would your wheels, chain, brakes

Back