Recommendation On A Double Leg Kickstand

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
I use a double left side folding kickstand.
YEP...Thats the type i always recommend now...5 years ago, i originally had the ones that were one piece, left and right center stand that didn't fold up together...What a mistake that was...lol...even on slight leans, they would always drag the pavement with pretty sparks at night...lol...they eventually had both leg protrusions just break off and fall right off the bike...lol...Thats when i went to the left side fold ups that work perfectly and have had the same one now for 5 years with no problems...DAMIEN

YEP...Thats the type i always recommend now...5 years ago, i originally had the ones that were one piece, left and right center stand that didn't fold up together...What a mistake that was...lol...even on slight leans, they would always drag the pavement with pretty sparks at night...lol...they eventually had both leg protrusions just break off and fall right off the bike...lol...Thats when i went to the left side fold ups that work perfectly and have had the same one now for 5 years with no problems...DAMIEN
That is the same one that I recommended.

That is the same one that I recommended.
Yes, i know...its just the price of the Swiss made one that is objectionable to me...lol...DAMIEN

I was making reference more so to what was written here, and my reply to Jerry.

Are you talking about the ones that fold up together on the left side or are you talking about the ones that dont fold together and just retract to the rear and dont fully go up so as to always drag and spark on the pavement whenever you lean the bike ???...DAMIEN
The second one- where the legs both fold back. Just kinda weird that they don't go up higher.

Hey wait a minute, I want to hi-jack your thread I'm looking for a triangle kickstand that fastens onto the rear axle. I have tried 2 of those dual legs center stands nothing but damn trouble they twist lose they drag when making low turns and fall over in the wind.
I know Damien going to insist they are the best invention 2 to the invention of the wheel. However, they work like s**t for me.

So if anyone got a link to an axle bolt-on triangle please let me know, I'm using 2 sidekicks and don't trust them worth a s**t and I got something coming up next month to make it a mandatory item to have.

YEP...I was disappointed in that type as well...But now you know which one we all recommend...you will be much happier with it...DAMIEN
I'm pretty okay with them except for the dragging part, and they are head-and-shoulders 'WAY better than the side-stand for our purposes. I love being able to let the HS warm up on the stand while I'm grabbing my stuff, etc.... Could NEVER do that with the regular kick-stand.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back