Red Nirve Switchblade by Hellbilly

I am new at this so forgive me if I fouled up the gallery with my pics. Posting them was almost as hard as building the bike. I put together two of these over the winter months, and getting ready to test run as soon as weather permits. This forum was a huge help over here. As you can see, I used alot of ideas from Blaze such as engine placement and top bar as the fuel tank. Instead of using the big 60T peddle sprocket, I am using an additional 44T as a ghost ring to clear the clutch case and tension the pedal side chain. On the drive chain I installed the derailer sprocket on the tensioner as opposed to the nylon spool supplied in the kit. Thanks to Blaze and to Large Filipino for these cool tricks. All said and done Blaze was accurate in his assesment that these choppers are a pain in the *ss. The clearence issues were endless. As you can see the back wheel has 12g spokes and clam shell adapter (nice piece), and the front wheel got the SA hub brake. Also, I went with the 80cc from Spooky Tooth rather than the 48cc used by Blaze which required a little more grinding of the cooling fins. I am finishing up the exhaust on the blue Switchblade and will post some more pics when complete. Then its on to a couple of Kustom Kruiser Roadster bikes that will be done in the Munsters "Spike" theme. (draggin). Thinking of installing a small propane flame thrower near the muffler. Never know, might want to roast weenies. These bikes will be alot of fun at the local car shows that we attend in summer. Anyway, thanks to all for the wealth of ideas and info available here. With a little experience now, I hope I can be of help to others!! Peace, Hellbilly

Attachments

• Picture 013.JPG
    Picture 013.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 6,573
  • Picture 018.JPG
    Picture 018.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 4,289
bike rides good after i welded in a bar for the engine mount . before it vibrated to much on the pedels and killed my feet but shes running goood now also changed the seat to a nice leather electra seat that helped a bit on the ash! cool larry ca

Hey Mike! The bike came with the 24" wheel on the back, and my local bike shop ordered in the spokes and relaced the wheel for me. Makes the wheel quite a bit stronger. I also used the clamshell sprocket adapter from Livefast motors which attaches to the hub. That takes most of the torque away from the spokes. Peace!

Most dealers I have spoken with say it is very hard to find 12 G spokes for 24" wheels.
You're lucky. MIke

Mike: If you were to use the clamshell adapter you may be able to get away with 14g spokes. If I was unable to locate the 12g I would most likely give it a try. I would be very careful until I felt confident about it though. Any other opinions on this?

Back