Red Nirve Switchblade by Hellbilly

I am new at this so forgive me if I fouled up the gallery with my pics. Posting them was almost as hard as building the bike. I put together two of these over the winter months, and getting ready to test run as soon as weather permits. This forum was a huge help over here. As you can see, I used alot of ideas from Blaze such as engine placement and top bar as the fuel tank. Instead of using the big 60T peddle sprocket, I am using an additional 44T as a ghost ring to clear the clutch case and tension the pedal side chain. On the drive chain I installed the derailer sprocket on the tensioner as opposed to the nylon spool supplied in the kit. Thanks to Blaze and to Large Filipino for these cool tricks. All said and done Blaze was accurate in his assesment that these choppers are a pain in the *ss. The clearence issues were endless. As you can see the back wheel has 12g spokes and clam shell adapter (nice piece), and the front wheel got the SA hub brake. Also, I went with the 80cc from Spooky Tooth rather than the 48cc used by Blaze which required a little more grinding of the cooling fins. I am finishing up the exhaust on the blue Switchblade and will post some more pics when complete. Then its on to a couple of Kustom Kruiser Roadster bikes that will be done in the Munsters "Spike" theme. (draggin). Thinking of installing a small propane flame thrower near the muffler. Never know, might want to roast weenies. These bikes will be alot of fun at the local car shows that we attend in summer. Anyway, thanks to all for the wealth of ideas and info available here. With a little experience now, I hope I can be of help to others!! Peace, Hellbilly

Attachments

• Picture 013.JPG
    Picture 013.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 6,568
  • Picture 018.JPG
    Picture 018.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 4,283
WOAH. That sprocket on the pedal side. How is that accomplished?
That is so sweet,man. Such eye candy.

The sprocket is just friction fit between the top and bottom chain to spread it open. If I strech open the chain (by hand) and move the sprocket toward the rear wheel, I can add whatever tension it needs. I just frewheels in there. I saw this done on the motor side of another bike and kyped the idea for myself. Thanks to you for the tensioner mod idea. I too must owe you a beer.

It's funny Jerry Sr. was showing pictures of your bike yesterday at the bike shop.Like the mod on your gas tank.Did not know anyone was building around here but my son and me.PM me and maybe we can hook up for a ride this summer.I live in Davenport.

Okay, I think I've figured out how to get the pics in, so here's a couple of the business end of this beast.

I'll try again.

Attachments

• Picture 017.JPG
    Picture 017.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Picture 019.JPG
    Picture 019.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 2,214
nice one . i also have had my time with the swichblade, and it is definitaly and enginering feat. only built one. and ones enough but it is my favorite bike. lots of trial and error but yours is definitly one hot bike larry ca

Attachments

• Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,209
Larry: I was keeping an eye on some of your posts when you where adding the front brake and decided I wanted that on mine also. Nice to be able to stop fast in a pinch, well worth the extra $$. The engine on yours is making my eyes burn !! I suppose the seats are not very comfortable to ride long distances, but should be fine for short trips around town. Choppers are all about looking cool anyway, so who cares if your arse gets sore? How does your ride? Thanks for the nice comments! Does this make us like cousins? Once again, the info here on this forum has been priceless on my first build. I would say, "great job to all of you". What a great resource. Thanks again!

Back