Red Rider 70's Retro Chopper

Red Rider 70's Retro Chopper
49_MHCR_1.jpg

49_MHCRb_1.jpg

The tank is the 2.3 Gal Harley 883 Sportster tank. Mounted it using skateboard bushings.

Mile High Chop-Ped said:
The tank is the 2.3 Gal Harley 883 Sportster tank. Mounted it using skateboard bushings.
Thanks. I don't mean to copy but that's the same look I'm going for. I've rode motorcycles for 45 years and a Harley Hummer was my first. I built a few choppers in the '70s and that style is still my favorite.

No problem the Peanut tank does give a nice 70's feel and the small one is just the right length. Plus there are lots of them around because they just look too small on the 883 so a lot of people change them out. If you get a hold of one and have any mounting questions just shoot me an note.

man that's a beautiful bike! Is that the chopper kit from ebay? (the one with the sprocket adapter and the 48cc engine...etc?) if so....how smooth did everything go together? I've bought a Stingray last year..it's aching for an engine.

I did use the Livefast sprocket adaptor, but not the rest of their kit. I used a different mount and pipe. The engine is a 70/80cc. Every one of those parts needed a little tweaking. As I was doing it I was thinking that their kit might have been easier. It all worked out in the end.

Mile High Chop-Ped said:
I did use the Livefast sprocket adaptor, but not the rest of their kit. I used a different mount and pipe. The engine is a 70/80cc. Every one of those parts needed a little tweaking.
I think I've got the same mount you do....from a guy in Ohio. I was planning to get the sprocket adaptor from Livefast. Did that need tweaking too? It looks like a good way to mount the sprocket on that hub.

The one I got must have had a new batch of cap screws and the head was too big to fit the resets in the hub so I had to bore them out a little. Livefast uses the slotted sprockets and the one I had was just the holes so I had to elongate the holes in the sprocket just a little to make it fit. I talked to them and they have the problem fixed as far as the cap screws.

I bought my 80cc from Livefast so I've got a slotted sprocket. Thanks for the feedback milehigh. 8)

Back