redneck transit / logistics....

I wont be brewing things currently as I would need to add a 9000 watt water heater element and our garage does not have 240. Like i have my jerry rigged 240 adapter, but it can only do 240v 15a. Its like something i would do far down the road in the future. I just put a magnet on the keg and it failed to stick, so its aluminum. Why is aluminum a problem though.
The best use is probably as a stand for a glass table. If your serious about brewing things like beer or distilling or nasty concoctions such as kambucha, you should look into something stainless steel.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/faq-aluminum-pots-for-boil-kettles.49449/

Last edited:
If it was a SS keg it would have a SS stamp on it. Did ya look?
Just cause a magnet didn't stick to the keg don't mean it ain't SS. There are 2 types of SS.
Check the Keg by scratching it (gouging it) the Aluminum will scratch easy and the SS wont scratch
Also aluminum kegs will dent easy.

alcohol doesnt go well with aluminium it dissolves it or something releasing bad stuff into it, i dont exactly remember but if you want to you can look it up

Most stills are made of copper instead of SS. Is it because copper is easier to work with and solder?

Because copper is bendable and you can find copper tubing easily, its pretty cheap, and it doesnt break or crack as easily from the bending it around.

Back