Reducing HorsePower? (Try not to point and/or LOL)

First of all let me start by apologizing to you I was having a bad day and yes your hundred percent correct these pages are for all of us trying to help each other. That was dead wrong when I said I didn't mean it like that listen the simple fact is with a 44 tooth sprocket 66 cc engine usually only goes a bit above 30 miles an hour. You could give it a little differently maybe a 56 or there abouts sprocket that way it would get up to its top speed fast and be very easy to start. I don't recommend that you govern the engine or throttle stop which I'm not quite sure what you mean by that because you are going to want to have it with the same poweror maybe you're not I can't quite understand that but that's just me. I think someone like you would be better off getting an electric bike or something that's completely legal for where you are. I mean this with the most respect and once again I am sorry about my prior comments and yes I am new to this forum but don't you worry I do know quite a bit about bicycle engines and engines in general for that matter from diesels two big blocks

Maybe I'll sure give it a shot not gonna ride it in one particular area. Only to school or to the ol ladies other than that *shrugs* yes the MUST be plated though insurance is only required to register moped then I'll get a refund :O) Because by law it's not require. Stick it to the man, Oh Yeah! Cant wait to use that on some smug a-hole cop.

Cop: License and registeration.

*hand Cop papers*

Cop: "Proof of Insurance."

I'll simply say, " I'm not required to have insurance."

Cop: "The Law Says, Yes, you are."

Me: "That's funny according to Section 4509.01 (I) of the Ohio Revised Code which deals with Financial Responsibility states 'any motor vehicle means every vehicle propelled by power other than muscular power or power collected from overhead electric trolley wires, except motorized bicycles are required to be insured."

Oh the satisfaction would be the look on his face when he'd have to get in his car and leave lol

You get shoot talking like that to a cop now a days....be careful when dealing with them!

don't deal with cops, deal with courts. arguing with a cop will just get you more charges

I live in a small ohio town. I read all the laws and they were a little contradictory. One said, "None of this should be construed to mean that a motor can't be used on a bicycle." Or words to that effect. Anyway, I called the local police desk sergeant and we talked for a little bit. I told him I had a motorcycle endorsement, all the chains guarded, big tires, low bars, quiet muffler, small engine, lights and a warning device (a loud bell haha).
He told me as long as I obey all the traffic laws for bikes and stayed off the sidewalks, I shouldn't have a problem. I got his name, thanked him and been riding around unmolested since. I keep it under 25 in the neighborhood, stay hard over to the right, wear a bicycle helmet, and stop at stop signs and traffic lights.
So far so good. I've ridden right past 4 of them now, no troubles.
The state police would be a different matter, however.
The Ohio dept of Safety supposedly issues a sticker you're supposed to display, but when I called there twice asking about one, the ladies couldn't help me with it.
So we're in a sort of bad spot here. If you get the police down on you, you won't really be riding anymore.
I don't bother trying to get more speed out of the engine, it's a little too fast already.

Last edited:
my friend that all sounds great but I can tell u haven't had much experience with the

You get shoot talking like that to a cop now a days....be careful when dealing with them!

First of all. They r the law and .they aren't allways right but .remember in this country u r guilty until u can prove other wise...they can write whatever they want on that little yellow arrest formand if you think any of what you said by saying that to him is going to help you're dead wrong that's just going to take him off worse and you'll probably end up in a worse situation best thing to do is say yes sir no sir

Brake horse power

Okay, So I don't know if this is a common question or not but how can I reduce the 2.5 HP to a measly 1 bHP (Honestly I'm pretty ticked off) Here is Ohio MoPed Laws.

The Ohio Revised Code defines a moped, or motorized bicycle, as any vehicle with two tandem wheels or one front and two rear wheels which is capable of being pedaled and is also equipped with a helper motor. The helper motor may not:

• [*=center] Have a piston displacement of more than 50 cubic centimeters;
    [*=center]Produce more than one brake horsepower; and
    [*=center]Propel the vehicle at a maximum speed greater than 20 mph on a level surface.

If a vehicle exceeds any one of these criteria, it is legally a motorcycle. Be certain BEFORE you buy. Contact your local deputy registrar or the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Registration Section, P.O. Box 16520, Columbus, Ohio 43216-6520, (614) 752-7800 or (800) 589-TAGS (8247), if you have questions. See reverse side for the list of vehicles that may legally be operated as "mopeds" in Ohio.

So, basically it is saying if your motor driven bicycle is: higher than 50cc (HuaSheng: Passes), has more than 1.013 HP (HuaSheng: Fails), or goes faster than 20 mph (HauSheng: Fails); then your Motorized bike is (According to Ohio State Law) a motorcycle. With it being considered a motorcycle I cannot ride it to school legally. My class D license are suspended. I cannot obtain a motorcycle license, nor can I insure the "motorcycle." What bull:poop:! So, I'm hoping to find a alternate solution to paying 50+ dollars in shipping to send the kit back. Anyone? Any Ideas? I'm all ears. Plus I figured the reduce horsepower may even prolong the motors life though it could have the opposite effect for all I know. I'm not a Mechanical Engineer. I've heard of Resistor Plates/ Air Resistors which are plates that limit airflow to the intake; resulting in reduced/limited Horsepower and Speed.

To get back on the subject brake horse power is different then engine horse power. I don't know what the rating is for your engine but I would bet the rated horse power is what they probably used not the brake horse power. The brake horse power would be less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back