reed valve and carb upgrade

porting

no not yet, thats my next move but i am just in the middle of moving home at the moment.

reed valve!

absolutely the best set up yet ! especialy the carb with adjustable main jet \& expansion chamber work . is it done to speck as far as cylender volume & flow? please keep us informed as to your progress!! great job!!

those tweaks are da bomb! (did i say that right?)

and since this is about as wild as i've seen so far, you left me no choice but to
move this kick*ss topic into wild in the streets...'cuz it is all that :devilish: :devilish:

8)

performance

yes the performance has changed a great deal i just have to set the carb up to suite the reed valve
the bike will do 45 mph max and hovers around 40/41 mph on the flat but i was expecting more.
the boost bottle come today i will fit it the weekend .
i have to drill the reed block to make it fit.

thats the sickest bike ive ever seen, excellent work on that carb system A++++++

jon

where did you get your carb?

P.M. me please i need to know...im having carb problems

thankd, jon

reed valve, I don't get it

OK, I'm not a 2 stroke engine expert, but I don't get what the reed valve is supposed to do for you? Reed valves are normally used when the carb is bolted to the side of the crankcase somewhere (just about anywhere) and are open during low pressure (piston going up) and close as soon as the crankcase pressure zeros out and starts to pressurize the case (piston heading down). On these engines, intake timing is controlled by piston location and the port location in the piston skirt. Any performance increase caused by the reed valves would have to be extremely (very extremely) limited (the period of time the piston is heading down and the piston skirt port is still open). Not likely any performance increase would show, because if the manufacturer designed his engine correctly, crankcase pressure would just be starting to increase as the piston skirt closes off the port back to the carb. If anyone has info that would enlighten me, I'd be glad to hear it. thanks.

Back