Reed valve on a grubee skyhawk 66cc

Jay1258

Local time
10:59 AM
Hey I wanted to put a reed valve on my motor to improve low end performance however I don't have the skill to port it. The grubee website advertises it with a higher piston skirt would this be enough to open up the intake for the reed valve? I also wanted to know if it would affect my top end in a bad way. Any help is appreciated.
-Jay

H
Hey I wanted to put a reed valve on my motor to improve low end performance however I don't have the skill to port it. The grubee website advertises it with a higher piston skirt would this be enough to open up the intake for the reed valve? I also wanted to know if it would affect my top end in a bad way. Any help is appreciated.
-Jay[/QUOTE
-Jay

Hi there, I have a Grubee with rse reed valve. Works great, engine has more low end, smoother running, and air filter stays cleaner. You will need to rotary tool the intake a little wider for the valve to open properly. Also very least the piston should be skirted. As for top end I did not see any real change, but I only did minimal porting to my cylinder.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 148
Okay so that's the kind I have coming, I've never opened up my intake so I don't know how the skirt and walls line up but if you say I can trim it I'll give it a shot. I do have to ask am I widening the intake horizontally or vertically?
-Jay

Back