Reed Valve Piston?

aceofspades

Local time
8:46 AM
Ok so done a bunch of s**t so far to my used bike. But I was rebuilding the top end and I broke a piston ring and the piston looks s**tty.

Mz parts is near me and I have a $12 credit for a broken chain.

What is the difference between the standard piston and this one that accepts a reed valve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272093326371

Its only $10 more and looks interesting.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
if you don't have a reed valve that piston won't work for you. if you do have a reed valve, it wasn't doing anything with a stock piston

Nvm already have a boost bottle I'll just stick with that and get an expansion chamber.

No you can't. Well I suppose you could but really you should read up on both to understand what they do, how they do it, why they do it and why you would not want, need, or be able to use both at the same time. Use the search function and just do a bit of reading in the evenings since it's free to read the forums but all these engine parts are not. It will hopefully make your engine a little less mysterious.

No you can't. Well I suppose you could but really you should read up on both to understand what they do, how they do it, why they do it and why you would not want, need, or be able to use both at the same time. Use the search function and just do a bit of reading in the evenings since it's free to read the forums but all these engine parts are not. It will hopefully make your engine a little less mysterious.
Ok well could I just use it for now until i get a reed valve. I just don't want to have to take this engine apart again if I want to upgrade.

If you put a reed valve on your bike I would recommend getting the piston, but if not it's no good for you
A boost bottle does nothing for any HT engine

Back