Reed valve vs Piston port?

nickaloadien

Local time
4:41 PM
What’s the speed difference roughly between reed valve and piston port does it make a big difference?

Any specific reed valve/windowed piston recommendations? Also If I do reed set up does it require a bigger carb than an NT?

What’s the speed difference roughly between reed valve and piston port does it make a big difference?

Any specific reed valve/windowed piston recommendations? Also If I do reed set up does it require a bigger carb than an NT?
I'd say a G2 reed is good because that is what I run and my bike is always above 9k rpm and I run just a cheap amazon windowed piston that I got for 10 bucks off amazon and I'd say that if you take the filter off the NT and make it run a tad bit richer you should be good or you can get a HP but some people have issues with those luckily I just had an air leak and had to re-jt mine which I recommend if you get a HP to get new jets for it.

also what carb do you have a bofang, Speed, or a generic Chinese one?

Back