Reed valve vs. stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regalgse00

Local time
8:45 AM
So I’m sure this has been talked about before, but I’m wondering on the pros and cons with a reed valve with a window piston. Or just having stock. What would make more power? Would it be easier to tune with the reed valve vs stock? Would it be more beneficial to run a bigger carb with the reed valve. Like a oko 21mm keihin carb maybe or. Just trying to get some ideas.

The correct reed valve is desirable but the ones on eBay are not impressive. Also the intake tracts are not optimal for these tiny reed valves that look more restrictive than stock. So like anything yes but with exceptions.

the reed valve let's you increase intake port timing and prevents your air fuel charge from being pushed back out the intake. Porting your cylinder with a quality pipe will give you way more power gains than just slapping a reed valve on.

So pretty much the reed valves are no good for performance. The bike I wanna use I’d have to use something to have the carb sit off to the side. So should I just use a intake pipe that comes off to the side. I do have one of the pipe that side off to the side but it looks so dang small it looks like it would hurt performance as well.

Too much carb isn't going to help output much. NT carbs work fairly well and are easy to tune, work on any manifold and with any pipe.

Well the one pipe I found for a 40mm that’s offset is a small circle and the port on the jug is more is more of a rectangle and opened up more.

This reed valve will fit your square hole and offset your intake. This is the G2 reed valve and is one of the better reeds to use. However you will need to use a windowed piston and really should add a boost port if you want to take full advantage of it

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What will the boost bottle do for me? I don’t no anything about those.

Not a boost bottle you don’t need that with a reed, a boost port in the cylinder or piston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back