Reed valve vs. stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boost port is in the cylinder, you use a windowed piston with it. A boost port is only necessary with a reed valve and should be used w/ expansion chamber exhaust to get the full effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boost ports can work if done correctly, it was invented and patented by Yamaha and now in the public domain. Most of the ones on the market have too small of a passage.

Last edited:
Boost ports as we tend to call them are really third or forth transfers with their main purpose being to aid in loop scavenging, they were not invented by Yamaha since Walter Kaaden and MZ were doing this in the 60's long before any Japanese company used them, Schnuerle porting has been in use since the 1920's and made more popular in Europe in the 1930's again long before The big 4 of today which none of them had started until the 1950's.The way alot of bicycle engine guy's do their so called boost port it's really just to increase intake duration with the use of a reed on a piston port designed engine,if you have a case reed setup there is no need of a windowed piston or so called boost port though aux transfer's are commonly used in high performance builds.

wellll, if moneys no objection...

this guy makes some pretty good stuff

I wish you could still get some of the badass zeda engine kits.
If you're referring to Zedamotorsports and Rob's engines then don't be duped none of his s**t really performed any better than most,and he didn't actually build the ones he raced so no loss! There are a few much better builders out there!

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

My typo look up the Yamaha YEIS (Yamaha Energy Induction System). I meant boost bottles.
Yes Yamaha did come out with the YEIS but no longer use it because they found it really only helps in one narrow spot in the rpm and now with the power valve it's not needed.

If you're referring to Zedamotorsports and Rob's engines then don't be duped none of his sh*t really performed any better than most,and he didn't actually build the ones he raced so no loss! There are a few much better builders out there!
Well then why do I always read. Oh zeda this zeda that there super good engines and what not. I was just trying to get the bike to go 40. And be able to do that at like 3/4 throttle maybe. And still get a extra few miles and hour outta the last little bit. Do I really wanna spend 500 bucks on just a engine. Not really. But if I can get my bike to 45 without doing a jack shift kit. I’d be happy.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back