Reed valve with a boost bottle will it work???

T

Thrashing_LA

So I been trying to make my bike go faster but no luck. I have a reed valve, type R spark plug, stage one cdi, is straight pipe, high performance intake & head, 36t sprocket but my bike does not pass over 23 mph what am I doing wrong? Will a boost bottle work with a reed valve? Any help will be fine.

So I been trying to make my bike go faster but no luck. I have a reed valve, type R spark plug, stage one cdi, is straight pipe, high performance intake & head, 36t sprocket but my bike does not pass over 23 mph what am I doing wrong? Will a boost bottle work with a reed valve? Any help will be fine.
how are you only getting 23mph? im doing over 35 with my DIY port and polish with a 44t sprocket.
have you tried running it on 32:1? that could be your main problem. if your running 16:1 or even 25:1 thats just too oily, you bike will bog severely (i know, ive been there) if that doesnt do the trick i would switch to running 91 octane fuel (premium pump gas)
in my option those "upgrades" arnt really upgrades. the only real upgrades i see are straight pipe,reed and head. maybe your geared to high? try putting on the 44 and see if it makes a difference (these engines need all the torque they can get)
how old is the engine? if its brand new then give it time to break in, it wont preform the best when its brand new, the rings need to seat with the cylinder. (DO NOT RUN 32:1, RUN 16:1 for 3 tanks, then switch to 32:1)
but the reed is essentially a boost bottle (just a whole lot better!) you could get one, but it wont make a difference.

The reed will make the boost bottle useless, the boost bottle only catches the charge that pulses back into the intake manifold from the case, the reed valve prevents any charge from re-entering the intake manifold.

Back