reed valve

wan37

Local time
1:31 PM
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Just a windowed piston is needed. Not too big either, just at the bottom but leaving skirt if you know inlet timing use that to place window. The area of the window is 100-115% of reed valve outlet. I tried 220* and it died if I hit the throttle too hard but would fly if the throttle was slowly given. 140-160* is alot nicer.

I have stock pipe, OZ reed knockoff and its completely different in low and mid range.

The bigger one should be the best but stuffing is needed from what I have read.
I was going to try to get 150* as what I read . I’ll go for the bigger one then.I appreciate your response.That’s all I needed too hear.

It's been done. You can tottally get away without a window. Reading some production bikes come like this. It would just make the bottom end have more grunt I would have to think.
Yea, I'm no expert, but a nice scooter pipe sure helps a stock motor that's for sure.

I got 2 knock off expansions chambers the one I really like is a WC80 it is bigger then the other, I couldn't get it fit my 80cc bike rubs tire. I get some more propane I'll get it. I stuck it on my 50 cc to see how it works I was amazed I can hear the air go thru like crazy I never heard that before. It help about 1 to 2 sec all around .I'm really happy ,but also always wondering about the scooter pipe.

Last edited:
Back