Reed valves

Robert41

Local time
11:07 AM
Ok so I bought this motor kit a few months ago but it did not come with a ported cylinder or 3rd window in the Piston anyway I blew it up it looks like all I need is a cylinder and rings but I'm going to replace both Piston and cylinder just in case my question is though what's better a ported cylinder or a third window Piston or both

Ok so I bought this motor kit a few months ago but it did not come with a ported cylinder or 3rd window in the Piston anyway I blew it up it looks like all I need is a cylinder and rings but I'm going to replace both Piston and cylinder just in case my question is though what's better a ported cylinder or a third window Piston or both
On any other real 2 stroke it’s a windowed piston and the intake is relocated upwards similarly to a 3rd transfer, I would recommend a windowed piston b/c it’s cheaper.

I forgot to explain that the current kit came with a Reed valves and hp carb but it ran like dirt kept flooding out So I put a completely stock carb on it ran great

I forgot to explain that the current kit came with a Reed valves and hp carb but it ran like dirt kept flooding out So I put a completely stock carb on it ran great
Hp carbs are trash btw

This is what I ordered please note I'm not very knowledgeable with a 2stroke I'm kinda ready for a 4 stroke I'm better with them

My problem is this is my 2nd motor and I have the same issue with both deep scratch in the cylinder first was second hand

I highly recommend switching to 4 stroke then, much less issues like tuning and head gasket leaks. I wish I would have when I had to upgrade
My 2 stroke will walk all over that 4 stroke, and look and sound much better doing it. Most 4 strokes look like a tiller engine mounted on a bicycle, pedal clearance issues, plus, a 2 stroke engine has a lot more exposed aluminum that can be polished.

Could be years, could be days. All comes down to how it runs, how it's ran,
and who's running it lol. The never ending (at least not yet) battle between 2 and 4 strokes lol. One thing is for sure, you won't be running reeds on a 4 popper!

Back