Reelight & Rear wheel locks

echotraveler

Local time
2:31 PM
Hello friends,

Reelight = small front and rear light that draws power of 2 magnets that spin on the wheel, giving you free lighting! The drawback being that the lights have to be positioned on the center part of the wheel.

Rear wheel lock= is a chackle that's mounted on the frame, and wraps around the rear wheel. it locks the rear wheel with a police chackle.

now, why are these 2 products so popular in europe? and so difficult to get in US??

in my bicycle quest, and pondering 2 things before my dream bike arrives. visiility & safety.
im afraid that my bike is candy for thieves, and sinced ive decided to do the best i can! one of those nice rear locks + nyc donteventhinkboutit locks!

put some attachments, that way we get pics...but its not my bike...ill post my pics when the bike gets here

Attachments

• Cycle truck.jpg
    Cycle truck.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 727
  • reelight.jpg
    reelight.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 71_axa-defender.jpg
    71_axa-defender.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 273
well actually the reelight is available in amazon and ebay.

in barcelona they are mandatory......and they were pretty neet! but a nice headlight would be necesary...still no baterry!!

and the rear chackle...not even ebay...nor amazon...ive seen them for sale in a couple of sites...ill dig them up

edit!: found some links

http://www.bicycleworkshop.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b1s93p0

found another cool safety feature

pinheads = basically changes your rear front and seat screws into a unique shape to screw and unscrew...... http://www.pinheadcomponents.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=62

Last edited:
i bet we could buy them AXA here for very cheap now...since there is a trick like the one with the pen that opens them up... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SUSt2cwEk

it seems this locks are very common, hardware stores have blanks for sale.......glitch..but here in puerto rico, junkys are the ones wanting bikes...not even thinking that anybody would do the grab and throw to the truck thing either....and no cordless dremels either...wow those are nightmares!

when it comes to locks used in the USA

proven with time
must be locked to a solid object
usually best with strong cable

and even then it seems -- if they trully want it -- it may be gone

the locks mentioned above work only in certain
people friendly areas
such as possibly
outside the local court house or police station (maybe) ???

ride that thing

lol
well actually that lock is just very convinient becuase its attached...but it would be safe to say that 2 locks is the basic security level we all should have.

didn't mean to

lol
well actually that lock is just very convinient becuase its attached...but it would be safe to say that 2 locks is the basic security level we all should have.

didn't mean to blast you there echoT

I owned a bicycle shop many years ago
and saw so many of our customers have their bicycles stolen

some had three or four stolen while locked to solid objects
what does one do ?

even today Mountainman falls short
using a what may be called (fair size) cable
always locking to something
still I know -- there is no guarantee that it will be there !!!

makes it rough to ride that THING -- when it's gone

hehe i didnt feel the blast part..=-)

im a bit worried about it, cause i wanna go to work in my bike....the biggest mall in Puerto Rico...hope my supervisor lets me put my thing inside the office.....but i wouldnt let it if i was him. irony

I saw an induction powered rear light (magnet) in a bike shop at least 20 years ago. Nowadays red blinkie lights are so cheap (got some at a dollar store shaped like a butterfly, awwww), go for a very long time on a pair of batteries, and keep working at stoplights (pretty important for safety); that they're hardly worth messing with. Same goes for headlights/dynamos/generators, etc. with the recent advances in LED technology.

Back