regarding ebike kits.FOUND ONE!!!

:D beast, i've considered using my CRYSTALYTE front hub and 80cc engine on the same bike. use the electric motor from standing start(no pedalling)until clear from pedestrians/other bikers/quiet zones, then kickstart gas engine for open stretches.

at times, i've carried 36vdc in the front basket...and 36vdc in rear basket.

with electric and gas combo, i'd just use 36vdc up front, in the basket. 8)

ebike

after watching your videos im really impressed by the ebike youve built! i actually like my gas system its cheap almost unbreakable and really quiet at speed.im almost at a grand for it but i can ride across canada if i want.if i wanted an ebike id have to have you build it!!!haha the electronics are overwhelming for me but im sure ill figure it out.the video of your ebike with sport bikes is an eye opener i still cant get over it very kool indeed.if im ever in van this summer well go for a ride for sure.ill change my gearing for the trip.do you ever get paranoid about your frame snapping?

I wish I could recharge as fast as you guys gas up :(

My frame is an older model from before weight weenies were counting grams so religiously so it has thicker tubes than a lot of newer bikes. It's unpainted so I can keep an eye on things, and so far so good.

frames

ya ive been at speed on a bicycle but only 45 miles an hr clocked by gfriend in car,all i could think was my frame snapping i cant imagine 60 miles an hr ,i really studied bike frames at a resto place here and was told mid 90s kuwahara frames are dubble butted frame into frame welded and are very durrable so i got one .i guess alot of downhill racers used them but i dunno.not much of a bicycle connessouer?.till now.

till now.
:LOL:

every bicycle i see now gets the once-over for motorizing compatibility...along with frame- & rack-mount, i've mentally installed quite a few nice e-hubs, but never even imagined a such powerful yet (sorta) "mainstream" system like Lowell's 8) yes, he'd leave me in the dust trying to explain about the electronics :LOL:

i do know that when i'm ready to build an e-ride i'll have all the help & background necessary to do it (mostly) right the 1st time :D

do keep us posted on how the hybrid project is going, it's interesting to ponder the overall efficiency of such a critter :)

I've been trying to come up with a good design for a parallel hybrid gas/electric. One that would give the infinite range of gas power, but have the benefits of quiet electric power for bike paths, busy areas and cops. You'd also have the option of running both systems together when insane power is required :)

I was working through a concept of a Honda 1000W gas generator, with a transformer and rectifier that held the voltage just above the trickle charge voltage for the battery pack. This would all be put on a trailer for longer tours.

I did not have the cash to experiment but did some calculations and prelim parts sourcing and "speccing". Based on my figures, it would work if the Honda voltage regulator could hold the ac voltage in a narrow range under load. One down side is that the transformer coil is relatively heavy, although it could be engineered down to "as light as possible without burning up".

Back