Regarding the Huffy Cranbrook

Sgt. Howard

Local time
11:27 PM
I think it was 2010 or 2011 when I first built a MB on a Huffy Cranbrook- most of the advise I was getting said this to be inadvisable- yet I built seven of the silly things. The only structural failures I had with the machines involved fenders of all models and the frame of the 'Panama Jack', the one with the welded on backrack... and yes, it failed where the rack was welded on. Of seven engines that I purchased, three are still running. They are pretty much a disposable item... rubbish, in other words. To say nothing of filthy, finicky, fussy little trollops when they ARE running... so while I continue to run the ones that I have, I am looking to upgrade to a 4-stroke using a 29" Huffy Millennial as the platform. While I am at it, I did educate myself (somewhat) in the art of fabricating a gas tank... to the point that I now know several things NOT to do in this effort. While the vang space in the Millennial really is too small to make a decent capacity tank, the idea of a left and right straddle-tank operation seems quite doable. Run one tank to dry, switch to the other while surfing for fuel. I'm figuring each tank to have 3 quarts to 1 gallon capacity- 1.5 to 2 gallons total... THAT's a bit of cruising, and on a machine less likely to rattle itself (and you) to death.
Whatcha think?

the Old Sgt.

Back