Reliability For Under $300. Is It Possible?

I haven't been on here in a long time just to find out i was banned??? (proline20)

Here's my comment to inexpensive MB solution: Get a Bumblebee. Mine still works great for under $300...see ya, might not ever visit this BS forum again...more flames than any I've visited.

to Smallwheel,
McMaster Carr has sprockets and will take credit card orders,
As for flexing- weld in some struts/ weld stuff that slips.
If you can't weld, find a friend that does, you can even use old bike frame tubing for support tubes.
A steel rear wheel is a lot stronger than alum. A moped wheel is even better.

Buy a HS 49cc for 139$, add a staton FD kit only 149$ and walla your riding for about $300. Great reliable setup too.......at that price you need to buy a gas tank also.

There are tons of ways to piece a 4-stroke together with most anything and I applaud those that do.

For me it just comes down to if you want to spends days or even weeks 'making it fit' or just getting everything you need in a two box kit for <$400 delivered and build it right in a long day counting paint drying time with no problems like this one fresh out of the bay we just built today.

FatalLove4Sl.jpg

Love4r.jpg

That bike by the way is a customer supplied 29" brand new Macargi 'Fatal Love' bike and a great platform for an HS 4-stroke/4G belt drive kit from gasbike, beside the kit all I added was the front brake and foam grips.

Last edited:
I haven't been on here in a long time just to find out i was banned??? (proline20)

Here's my comment to inexpensive MB solution: Get a Bumblebee. Mine still works great for under $300...see ya, might not ever visit this BS forum again...more flames than any I've visited.

Don't buy a Bumble Bee. They are ridden by Spammers that post every once in a while and don't contribute to this forum. It seems like a lot of people in Florida own Bumble Bees and only post when some one asks a recommendation what to buy or a new product is released by Bumble Bee.

If this forum is BS, then buzz off!

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Here is an example of a setup that starts off "cheap". HT inframe kit, less than $150. Beach cruiser from walmart, usually less than $100. Count the cost of tools you may need if you dont have them, maybe $50. But here is the problem. First, you'll need to add some better brakes. Thats $$. Then, some of the bike components might fail. Thats more $$$. Then, some of the kit components will definitely fail. More $$ again, Then, if the bike doesnt suit your needs power wise, upgrades. More $$ again. I should definitely know. I built two of these bikes, and between both of them probably dumped more than a few grand and countless hours of labor into them. Late last year, I decided to go custom. I don't have tough Montana winters to face (PA winters can be brutal, but the terrain is more forgiving here). I put a 98cc 4 stroke in-frame on a beach cruiser with motorcycle forks. I've got about $850 in this bike, and thats not counting parts that were given to me for free. The short answer to reliability for under $300? Not with all new parts and a new engine. I see that you posted about this engine that was given to you, and you already had most of the parts to make it work, so you saved a bundle versus building from scratch. i was thinking about those supports and wondering if it would be possible to drill holes and just bolt supports on instead of paying someone to weld them. Angle iron could easily be bolted on to the existing supports. A bike that can be driven daily through the long term and especially tough winters needs maintenance and quality components. If you were to build from scratch again, I'd not expect a bike to meet your needs for under $300.

Back