Reliability vs hp curve

INTP_ty

Local time
8:13 AM
What’s the honest limit of these 2 stroke motors? With the right gearing, I bet I could toss together a non reeded motor that does 40mph & requires no pedal assist from the start.

Engine builders, where does a person draw the line?

What’s the honest limit of these 2 stroke motors? With the right gearing, I bet I could toss together a non reeded motor that does 40mph & requires no pedal assist from the start.

Engine builders, where does a person draw the line?
really the limit is your wallet, ive seen people make close to 17hp with these engines!
but if you tune it right, ive gotten 40mph with a stock engine, i had to do a portmatch, and a polish of the stock exhaust. it screams at 8500!
its up to what you want and how much you want to spend. but its possible to get them fast!

Stock pk80 with a 36 t can go like 37mph just with no end cap. The power is really in what type of motor you get. I never believed people until I got the better motor.

40 is very do-able on a budget,, 50+? = spend some cash every chance you get until summer and you'll be there haha.

Reality is it's not really what you spend on the engine but what you spend on tools and equipment to do the required work to make it have power,and I don't mind investing in tools that help with any engine type rather than spend on bogus aftermarket parts!Other than a head and cdi I don't use any aftermarket part's,I make my own intakes and headers,do the crank work myself and of course the cylinder porting and case prep.

Last edited:
i have a hybrid engine stock everything from the kit only differences is its running a 36 tooth and its on a 29er wheel goes 43Mph flat ground all i did was lean it out one notch

you accumulate tools along the way. im talking spend your money on good frame, rims, hub, tires, levers, sprocket, etc. make your bike reliable first. thats the expensive part,,

Back