Reliable Analog Speedometer

now that i have found the correct name ill buy it. id rather have to buy one after a while, than reset the ~ insert cussword here~thing every 5 miles!!! my old digi one finaslly carped out, and i bought 1 a couple weeks agao, and now i just go by sound of the engine, cause i got tired of resetting. when my engine flattens out, thats when im at 20-25. (not full throttle)

speedo

I use the schwinn 12 function on 5 of my bikes and they work perfect! I had 1 reading 51 mph and it read the same as my gps, and the good news its less then 10 buck at walmart.

now that i have found the correct name ill buy it. id rather have to buy one after a while, than reset the ~ insert cussword here~thing every 5 miles!!! my old digi one finaslly carped out, and i bought 1 a couple weeks agao, and now i just go by sound of the engine, cause i got tired of resetting. when my engine flattens out, thats when im at 20-25. (not full throttle)

glad i could half-way help

I second the schwinn wired electronic speedo from walmart. For $10, it works very well. I had a more expensive wireless one on there before and it died the first time I got it up to 20mph and wouldnt work after that. I leave mine on the speedo/odometer screen and dont use any of the other functions. Its also ncie that it turns on automatically when the bike starts rolling,

I have a Pyramidf-F8 wired, it seems to work up to 10mph and then gives different readings 7,12,3, and so on. I then thought I would go with a mechanical (cable type) so I got a 26-27 retro from bike world. It lasted about 3 days, then went crazy. (must only have a 30/30/3 warranty) 30mi,30mph, or 3 days wich ever comes first. The speed-o went to 50mph. I would rather have a cable type, But WHERE can I find one?

Last edited:
My Pyramid F-8 does the same thing! I have read that the magnet is not strong enough. I have a stronger magnet,(same dia. just thicker) just need to attach it to the spoke mount. Directions were not clear on how far from axle center to attach. It can be calibrated for rim & tire size, But that is still no help if you don't know where to attach the magnet. + it has auto power off (good thing) But when it powers up (from wheel movement) it goes right to calibration mode! It is also the size of a wrist watch. ( If had GPS I would feel like James Bond 007) LoL.

Last edited:
not much help since I dont remember who makes it lol but here's mine.

its a true analog needle type speedo and has a built in odo as well. its run off the front wheel.

just posting a pic of the bike so you can see the speedo on it and maybe someone will recognize it.

If I remember correctly, it was $27 shipped. works great and surprisingly accurate!

DSCN2979.JPG

Back