Reliable Analog Speedometer

4doora

I've been searching around the forum trying to find a good analog speedometer.
There are a few people who have mentioned having an analog speedo that works well, but they don't list the type or where to buy.
I'm looking for something under $20.
Can anyone help me out?

the only reliable analog is of a moped or even whizzer type
bicycle ones cannot handle the torque/vibratios we put them thru
(I wasted 2 of them)

Bell Speedo

the only reliable analog is of a moped or even whizzer type
bicycle ones cannot handle the torque/vibratios we put them thru
(I wasted 2 of them)

Very True, i have a BELL speedo from walmart, and all goes well up to 25mph, its not till then that the speedo goes haywire and starts to register numbers that are not even close like as soon as it gets up to 25mph it then registers numbers like 6, 15, back to 7 and so one. So i'm out 20bucks. I have a GIANT brand for my mountain motorised bicycle speedo and it works like it should.

25mph it then registers numbers like 6, 15, back to 7 and so one

yours does that too???? mine goes up to around 35-40 and then mine does that. only on my ray though, i got the same one on my murray, and its fine!
the 1st pic, is on my motored bikes (wired) and the 2nd is on my push biike and is wireless. if you cant find a good analog, i would still reccomend the wired. its the best for the 20 bucks.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/eltatertoto/8024291_122006I.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/eltatertoto/unbranded-technix-13-function-wirel.jpg

i had read somewhere that the cdi will screw up some wireless spedos, and wired ones too if the wires came too close to the cdi.

I had a cheapy wireless speedo on m mtb. Worked fine before the motor, but wouldn't work properly afterwards. Just kept registering weird values.

Yes... The High Voltage..

True..The Spark Plug wire is Copper and not RF Suppressor type. IF you need to, you can change out the copper HV wire and boot with an automotive RF suppressor type. This may allow for Wireless speedos. Also..All the Analog type Speedos I have used and at one time started to sell, have all freaked out after using them for a few hundred miles. I am still searching for a Quality Analog Speedo to use as well as Supply. Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

I've been searching around the forum trying to find a good analog speedometer.
There are a few people who have mentioned having an analog speedo that works well, but they don't list the type or where to buy.
I'm looking for something under $20.
Can anyone help me out?

i just bought this onebut i havent got it yet its for 26 27 wheels and it comes with instructions. ill let you know when i get it on.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Anxiously awaiting your results. I hate these electronic gizmos. Only complaint I've heard of the analog is they mess up at speed. Please let us know how it goes.

the main reason i got it was for the odometer so i can charge the company mileage (lol) but i will let you know how it does on the spedo.

sorry to say but..

You bought the one that freaks out after a few hundred miles or so. Sorry to tell you that. I too am looking for a quality analog speedo for my bike. Enjoy the ride..

Back