relocating the gas tank question

Mercurius

Local time
8:26 AM
I'm new and have been searching for a thread about this, but can't locate one. Any helpful input will be much appreciated. In doing my first build (mounting the engine presently), I'm planning on relocating my gas tank under my frame near the head tube. My question being whether or not my 28cc will be able to pull gas from that far away (at most, 3ft of NEW gas tubing). The guy at the mower-shop mentioned that my pump-diaphragm may not pull from that distance.

I'm new and have been searching for a thread about this, but can't locate one. Any helpful input will be much appreciated. In doing my first build (mounting the engine presently), I'm planning on relocating my gas tank under my frame near the head tube. My question being whether or not my 28cc will be able to pull gas from that far away (at most, 3ft of NEW gas tubing). The guy at the mower-shop mentioned that my pump-diaphragm may not pull from that distance.

If your tank is higher then the motor Gravity will definitely be a helping factor.
If it isn't Why not Just temporarily Mount it ( Securely ) and see first hand.
3 foot of hose inst all that expensive.

Good luck and please let us all know the out come.

Cheers:)

BlueCollarBikes

Back