Remove bearings from Mag Wheel?

Ok.. ready for a ride (Cold here in SW Florida (55!). Went back together pretty smooth though with the stepped axle, I don't think the bearings bottomed out on both sides. Bottomed first side and installed second and it stopped before it was all the way in. Backed the other one out a tad (love those stepped axles- just a couple taps from the other side with the nut on the axle) and got them pretty even. turns smooth and no play or binding.

Ok.. ready for a ride (Cold here in SW Florida (55!). Went back together pretty smooth though with the stepped axle, I don't think the bearings bottomed out on both sides. Bottomed first side and installed second and it stopped before it was all the way in. Backed the other one out a tad (love those stepped axles- just a couple taps from the other side with the nut on the axle) and got them pretty even. turns smooth and no play or binding.
FYI. I have not heard back for the CDH service guy on the issue with them finally sending me the wrong axel set. He did reply last week only to say they are on Chinese New Year and not looking at email. AT this point it is moot since I fixed it myself.

So I have had two weekends to ride these new wheels and axles and everything seems to be ok including the narrow margin of alignment with the sprocket and disc breaks. I also upgraded the kickstand as you can see in the pictures and it is a beast! Worth the $56 price tag. Rated for 100KG of load. Very stable. Only thing for the kick starter folks, on my frame both wheels are still on the ground.

Attachments

• bike new4.jpg
    bike new4.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2003.JPG
    IMG_2003.JPG
    385.7 KB · Views: 115
FYI. I have not heard back for the CDH service guy on the issue with them finally sending me the wrong axel set. He did reply last week only to say they are on Chinese New Year and not looking at email. AT this point it is moot since I fixed it myself.
Same thing happens in the states here on our holidays. Can't really fault them for wanting time off work to spend with their families. I mean we do it, just because they eat cats and dogs instead of cows and pigs, doesn't mean they are less worthy of a holiday. 😁

Same thing happens in the states here on our holidays. Can't really fault them for wanting time off work to spend with their families. I mean we do it, just because they eat cats and dogs instead of cows and pigs, doesn't mean they are less worthy of a holiday. 😁
No complaint....:) I am familiar with the routine. Before there was Amazon there was (and still is) DX.com and I used to buy tons of gadgets and electronics from them. "Free Shipping".... but 30 plus days from China. And I learned never to order between the dates of January 10 and March 1.... The new year there shut everything down for weeks. Ordering from DX was a lesson in Patience for sure!

Wow there is alot of ways to do this, it's really not that hard. I'm surprised the op's axle pulled through/out it shouldn't it should be stepped but looks like they went the cheap and easy way now! These are the axles they used to use no inner spacer needed the step sets the bearing inner race so as not to be misaligned with the outer, this also makes removing the bearings easy as you just put a nut on the axle end and and smack it with dead blow/hammer.
View attachment 165462
Do you have a link for that axle?

Do these spacers work for the mag rims.
I keep having bearing failure and I have managed to isolate the issue to not having a space and bearing preload or too much.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I keep having bearing failure and I have managed to isolate the issue to not having a space and bearing preload or too much.

Does your bike have sealed bearings or loose ball bearings?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Does your bike have sealed bearings or loose ball bearings?
Sealed. Set of mags from bikeberry. Nobody seems to know the measurement. I did end up using my calipers and measured 69.44 but idk how accurate that is. From one bearing race to the seat where the adjacent bearing is. One bearing is out so.i used the depth gauge on the calipers

Back