Removing crank sprocket bolt from 70cc HT

S

Simonator

Anyone know how to break loose that bolt on the crankshaft sprocket that has the flathead screwdriver head? It's the sprocket that is on the crank, that spins the clutch plate. I don't understand how to do it. It is on too tight to use a screwdriver. The metal is so soft that it is easy to damage it.

I'm willing to bet that this has already been covered somewhere on this board. I did a search, and can't find it. Feel free to link me to this topic if it has already been covered.

You could try applying a little heat to it with a heat gun or a propane torch.

Take a screw driver and hold it more to the left side of the slot, Holding the screw driver on an downwards angle, and using a hammer hit the screw drive. You're hitting the screw driver in a downwards motion. If that makes sense. You can give it a hit on either side. just make sure that you are turning it the right way lefthand down. So if your facing it hit the left side down and the right side up. This should loosen it. You could use an impact drive but I think that this throws all the force from the hammer straight into the shaft. personal thing.

Take a screw driver and hold it more to the left side of the slot, Holding the screw driver on an downwards angle, and using a hammer hit the screw drive. You're hitting the screw driver in a downwards motion. If that makes sense. You can give it a hit on either side. just make sure that you are turning it the right way lefthand down. So if your facing it hit the left side down and the right side up. This should loosen it. You could use an impact drive but I think that this throws all the force from the hammer straight into the shaft. personal thing.

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. I'll give it a shot.

Back