Removing orange peel?

dparenti13

Local time
4:41 AM
Just painted my frame, and got some have some orange peel on it. Is this fixable by wet sanding and polishing, or is it so bad that I'll have to sand and repaint or strip it?
I used a single stage non-metallic urethane based paint if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 238
You could reduce the effect by polishing it but i kinda like the texture gives it rustic character

Roger that, it looks good. That is not orange peel at all. Orange peel is a wavy pattern in the paint.

LOL "ItS nOt OrAnGe PeEL aT aLL" this guy.

That's orange peel, old son, just about textbook. I agree with Luke that it's some character, but some work is to be done if you're looking for show quality. I like the color myself, and I think it looks decent the way it is. I'm a rattlecan cat, there's some good paint guys here.

Depends on how much paint you laid down. If it's fairly thick you can wet sand & polish with no problems, but if it's only one coat you can easily sand down to the primer or thin the paint enough that you see color variations before you get it smooth enough.

It actually kind of fixed itself a bit after it dried, there's still orange peel, but it's not that bad, I'll post a pic later today, but I'm not sure if I need to wet sand. I laid down 4 coats of paint so I shouldn't have an issue.

orange%20peel%20paint.png

This is orange peel folks, OP's problem seems to me paint is going on a little dry. Just my 2 cents.

LOL "ItS nOt OrAnGe PeEL aT aLL" this guy.

That's orange peel, old son, just about textbook. I agree with Luke that it's some character, but some work is to be done if you're looking for show quality. I like the color myself, and I think it looks decent the way it is. I'm a rattlecan cat, there's some good paint guys here.
OK dad!

Back