Removing orange peel?

I would do 3 coats of clear and if I still didn't like the finish wet sand and repeat, But I'm no painter so might not be the best idea.
Spare Parts method looks pretty good.
I used a single stage paint which mean the clear is already mixed in with the paint. I think I'm just gonna try polishing, I don't think I need wet sanding.

I think it looked good the way you painted it. If I would have painted it there would be runs all over and I hate that. Never could paint with a can and make something look good...………………..watch grandpa come along and say those aren't runs they're flows son.

Always had my best luck with flat black out of rattlecans. Easy to touch up, seems to always look decent.

My white bike is powder-coated, I use white vinyl of the same shade to repair scratches or scuffs :LOL:

Just for the record, do not clear over orange peel lol. It will still be seen even if you can't feel it. You said you laid 4 coats, were they light even coats? Also some paint just sucks and can't be laid down nicely no matter what you do. Still looks pretty good to me man. Just wanted to say if you're not happy with it, please don't clear over it, it won't help.

Back