removing the bearing from the clutch.

Slapnutcoffee

Local time
11:20 AM
I got a few engines for dirt cheap that seems like they are mostly good but have broken mounting brackets.

i have never had a problem removing a bearing, they normally just slide right out but one seems to be stuck in grease.

I have tried a couple different ways to remove it but i am hesitant to use anything metal because i dont wanna scratch it up in there.

anyone have some ideas on how i can get this thing out?

Take off the drive cog and use a block of wood to tap on the shaft. Then tap the whole thing out. Tapping from the magneto side towards the clutch side. It will all fall out on the clutch side.

Or a hydraulic press, I have one so I use a press.

I got a few engines for dirt cheap that seems like they are mostly good but have broken mounting brackets.

i have never had a problem removing a bearing, they normally just slide right out but one seems to be stuck in grease.

I have tried a couple different ways to remove it but i am hesitant to use anything metal because i dont wanna scratch it up in there.

anyone have some ideas on how i can get this thing out?
Try a little heat if you think it's stuck. Pb blaster, heat, pb, heat, tap, heat, pb, tap, let soak for 30 mins. Then heat, pb and tap it off.

Back