Renew Your Declaration of SELF-Dependance

augidog

Local time
12:11 AM
wow!!!

some unity, at last!!!

The United States' anniversary of the day independance became a reality for the common man, july 4th, is upon us...and i could hardly sit still waiting for this one to finally get here. i like the day because it makes you ponder, at least for a few moments, what the 1st one was really all about. about 4 years ago, i had the rare honor of being allowed to stand on the balcony in boston, the state house, where THE Declaration was first read to the citizenry there. i cried, and i was changed.

(sniff!)

some many months ago, some few guys got together and started a forum about motorvatin' a bicycle. we just wanted to help each other, that's all.

but, with a crowd such as we, many ideas and dreams sprang from this early gathering. and some of us were so moved by them that we couldn't ignore where we could take this crazy notion and our crazy contraptions. heck, ignore it? no way...it was an undenyable force, we were helpless to do anything but ride the storm.

here we are, all of us, globally, finally realizing how dire things may have become. well, buck up, cowboy...we can make it better.

i don't care who or where you are, i know we'd be the best of riding-buddies if our current leaders would let us try it.

in less than two months, there will be a 1st-ever national rally for motorized bicycles, and it's going to be presented properly. in MBc's early days, we were tough on a lot of you, keeping close watch on the valuable info we were collecting and spreading. we feel it was worth it. look around you, this place rocks! it's because you all rock, too.

so, please join me in signing my "petition" of community & dedication to better things down the road, for ALL of us.

please add the following to your forum-signature. small, large, whatever, please find room for it:

"Let the Solution BE the Revolution!"

now i'm gonna crack an early-beer open, gonna have a swig or two so i can feel what i wanna say to y'all.

ready? ok, i am too.

anyone who's brave enuff to express themselves on a motoredbike will always have a bit of my respect and love :cool:

Last edited:
I wish I was there in two months. I will definitely be there in spirit.
I hope it gets news coverage.
HAPPY 4th everyone!
Nice thread,Augi.

This is a nice post. There are a lot of great signature lines here, though. Large Fillipino has a good one, by the way. I'd hate to see them disappear.

Slightly off-topic (sorry, but it's a good chance to spread the word); every July 4th NPR's morning news program reads the Declaration of Independence.

It's downright moving and well-worth a listen.

there's no need to lose your signature, just edit your declaration in however and wherever you like it best, just like composing a post.

a teensy one at the bottom would thrill me as much as any other :)

Last edited:
"user cp" link upper-left corner...scroll down to "edit signature" :)

i love this place :cool:

Last edited:
There are truths that cannot be buried or hidden any more than that the bicycle is a great form of transportation or that aerodynamic principles must be followed to go fastest. The second paragraph of the US Declaration of Independence follows because it contains many precious truths to the state of man and Friday is it's celebration in the USA....
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world."

Back