Repair kits/pumps

Can you get Kevlar Tires in 26' x 2.125 I haven't seen any. The biggest I've seen is 1.95 or maybe 2.0 and nothing in a Classic Knobbie
Hope this is what your looking for...lol...it was my first hit on my "StartPage" search engine on my Brave Browser...its the same size and brand im using by the way...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Have you tried calling them from 50 miles away and asking them to come get you?
Assuming you're not out in the sticks that is where there's no cell service.

Only in an emergency, I have over 38,500 miles on my Whizzer M/B in 15 years and I have only called for rescue 3 times.
A cracked cyl head a bad CDI and a bearing failure on my rear wheel.
I now carry an extra CDI just in case Because sometime I go on all day 100 mile rides.
I keep my Whizzer in Top shape. I take my Whizzer with me on RV trips and go exploring. Sometimes no cell phone service.
Also the usual 25 to 75 mile rides around my local area.

Have you tried calling them from 50 miles away and asking them to come get you?
Well...As i previously stated, i have never had to call yet and i usually never go beyond 20 miles or so anyways, and then, its usually just to one of their houses for a visit, or up a mountain, but they know how far and where i usually go and they have stated it would never be a problem...lol...DAMIEN

Hope this is what your looking for...lol...it was my first hit on my "StartPage" search engine on my Brave Browser...its the same size im using by the way...DAMIEN

Yea I've seen that one it's only Kevlar fiber Not quite what I'm looking for in Kevlar. I decided not to buy and got the regular Ching Shin
Classic Knobbie C693 They still make that tire out of real rubber with wire bead and not synthetic rubber and nylon like others

They still make that tire out of real rubber with wire bead and not synthetic rubber and nylon like others
This one is using a carbon steel bead...DAMIEN

"The Black Bell 1007758 26in White Wall Bicycle Tire in Kevlar is crafted with a tough and rugged carbon steel bead. This Bell Bicycle Tire is made from durable and flexible Kevlar to make it easy to change. The Bell Tire folds and unfolds without damage. Featuring a white wall, this black Bell 1007758 26in White Wall Bicycle Tire in Kevlar is a suitable choice for Cruiser-style bicycles.Bell Sports Cruiser Glide Whitewall Bike Tire with Kevlar, 26" x 1.75-2.25":"

This one is using a carbon steel bead...DAMIEN

"The Black Bell 1007758 26in White Wall Bicycle Tire in Kevlar is crafted with a tough and rugged carbon steel bead. This Bell Bicycle Tire is made from durable and flexible Kevlar to make it easy to change. The Bell Tire folds and unfolds without damage. Featuring a white wall, this black Bell 1007758 26in White Wall Bicycle Tire in Kevlar is a suitable choice for Cruiser-style bicycles.Bell Sports Cruiser Glide Whitewall Bike Tire with Kevlar, 26" x 1.75-2.25":"

I looked at Bell Kevlar a my local bike shop $45, I haven't run into goat heads yet. I average 1,500 miles on my rear tire.
I always ride in the road like a M/C No off road riding. Flats are rare and I'm not a slimmer.
Besides I just bought 4 new C693 Ching Shin classic knobbie white wall tires $30 each and their hanging up in the garage waiting for future use. I was just wondering if ya seen anything better than what Bell tire has in a 2.125. The reviews aren't that positive
If I had a problem with goat heads I would be running tires and tubes like you are. If I'm ever in NM I will be :LOL:

Oh yea the Bell tread was made out of synthetic rubber and the tread wasn't as thick as the Ching Shin.
Ching Shin makes the C693 out of real rubber

Last edited:
I looked at Bell Kevlar a my local bike shop $45, I haven't run into goat heads yet. I average 1,500 miles on my rear tire.
I always ride in the road like a M/C No off road riding. Flats are rare and I'm not a slimmer.
Besides I just bought 4 new C693 Ching Shin classic knobbie white wall tires $30 each and their hanging up in the garage waiting for future use. I was just wondering if ya seen anything better than what Bell tire has in a 2.125. The reviews aren't that positive
If I had a problem with goat heads I would be running tires and tubes like you are. If I'm ever in NM I will be :LOL:
As you can see, I paid far less than 45 dollar bike shop price for my Bell Kevlars, my flats have been NEVER since using these and im no slimmer either at a rather rotund 215 pounds, AKA fat ass...lol...And heres my review...before my old bike frame broke, (And NO, it wasnt my fat butt with bike crying for mercy, but a frame defect), lol...I put 6000 miles on a set of these in 5 yrs time before building the new bike with Zeda 80 in March of this years...They still have more than 75% of their original Knobby tread left, and no dry rot. They wear like iron.

The biggest reasons ive seen for bad reviews is that some people actually believe in running their tires at full inflation recommended on the sidewall.
Mine say between 40 to 65 pounds PSI...I have found 45 PSI to be perfectly adequate, even with the bike weighing 80 pounds and then my 215 "Incredible Bulk" poundage, firmly escounced upon it..lol...If your like me and run at 35MPH as your average speed, you know it doesnt take very long for a fully inflated tire to "pop" due to heat expansion etc....lol.

I figured with a brand new bike and engine, why not brand new tires too...lol
I have kept the used tires as spares if it becomes necessary...They are still that good...DAMIEN

Last edited:
As you can see, I paid far less than 45 dollar bike shop price for my Bell Kevlars, my flats have been NEVER since using these and im no slimmer either at a rather rotund 215 pounds, AKA fat ass...lol...And heres my review...before my old bike frame broke, (And NO, it wasnt my fat butt with bike crying for mercy, but a frame defect), lol...I put 6000 miles on a set of these in 5 yrs time before building the new bike with Zeda 80 in March of this years...They still have more than 75% of their original Knobby tread left, and no dry rot. They wear like iron.

I figured with a brand new bike and engine, why not brand new tires too...lol
I have kept the used tires as spares if it becomes necessary...They are still that good...DAMIEN
I didn't know that you use Bell Kevlar That amazing 6k on a set of tires
With your review I just might try them sometime Thanks for the Good info (y)

I was afraid of synthetic tires because I ran a set of Kendals once and they wore out in under 1k miles

I didn't know that you use Bell Kevlar That amazing 6k on a set of tires
With your review I just might try them sometime Thanks for the Good info (y)
I made an editional edit while you were just typing referring to biggest reason for bad reviews...DAMIEN

Ps...you can always add some editional thumbsup on my posts about this as well...lol...lol...lol...Makes an old fart feel good.

Back