Repair kits/pumps

Gorilla tape makes great rim liners in a pinch.I was building my last bike . I took off the stock wheels . So thought I would use the tires and tubs just to not have them laying around. But I needed rim tape so I thought I’ll use them too, bikes stores were closed Sunday. I googled rim tape and they mentioned Gorilla tape . Be cause rim tape was breaking in pieces when trying to get off brand new rims. China for you. Had gorilla tape on there since March been perfect 3 to 4 hundred miles now.

A couple years ago I got two packs of the Slime tire liners to use on my trike. They were a real pita to get inside the tire and stay between the tube and the tread. Since I use Kevlar tires, I wasn't sure what to do with the stuff. I ended up using it as rim tape; laid easily inside the rim (had to punch a hole for the valve stem).

As to how well it works, last year I was rear-ended at an intersection. It shoved me across the intersection and broke my right rear rim in two. Spokes were driven right into the tube (12 ga spokes). None of my wheels, including the one where rim broke, ever lost air pressure. That Slime liner was complete protection from the inside! I still use it as rim tape on all wheels.

I don’t ever use stock tubes anymore after that install . I when to top off and put my final psi in tubes . Put little pump on a valve stem then broke stem right at the end of thread . China again cheap sh*t.So Never use Stock Bike Tubes From Box Store Bikes

Gorilla tape makes great rim liners in a pinch.I was building my last bike . I took off the stock wheels . So thought I would use the tires and tubs just to not have them laying around. But I needed rim tape so I thought I’ll use them too, bikes stores were closed Sunday. I googled rim tape and they mentioned Gorilla tape . Be cause rim tape was breaking in pieces when trying to get off brand new rims. China for you. Had gorilla tape on there since March been perfect 3 to 4 hundred miles now.
I was in a pinch and I used black tape as a rim liner once.
The black tape dried hard (after about 1 year) and the edge of the black tape became sharp like a razor blade.
I found this out when I got a couple flat tires. When I got my first flat, I thought the tube had split. But the next day I got another flat.
The tube has split in exactly the same spot as the other one. I ran my finger along the inside of the rim and sliced my finger open on the edge of hard black tape. I felt like a rookie again :ROFLMAO:
I ordered new rim liners from Worksman Cycles $1.98 each As their wider to fit my Worksman Cycles rim.

I was in a pinch and I used black tape as a rim liner once.
The black tape dried hard (after about 1 year) and the edge of the black tape became sharp like a razor blade.
I found this out when I got a couple flat tires. When I got my first flat, I thought the tube had split. But the next day I got another flat.
The tube has split in exactly the same spot as the other one. I ran my finger along the inside of the rim and sliced my finger open on the edge of hard black tape. I felt like a rookie again :ROFLMAO:
I ordered new rim liners from Worksman Cycles $1.98 each As their wider to fit my Worksman Cycles rim.
I ordered some rim liners the next day . I also used Kmart self sealing tubes too, that day which are junk. So I keep saying once they go flat I'll put the new liners in with some better tubes. When you think they won't last they do. I'm not rushing them tho.

Back