Clutch Replace Clutch?

jared3377

Local time
7:49 PM
My apologies, because I'm sure this has been asked before! But, if someone would point me to a post that could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

This spring, while getting my MB out of the garage and getting 'er ready to ride, I've been having problems with the clutch.

It seems that I have to keep adjusting the clutch-cable tighter and tighter so that the little "tag" of cable sticking out of the clutch-control-arm keeps getting longer. I've even had to adjust (twist) the carburetor out of the way to keep the control-arm from sticking.

So does this mean I'm going to have to replace the clutch? Thank you for your time to read this and respond.

How many Mls/Km have u done cos clutch replacement isn't a regular occurance?

Excellent, thanks for the quick replies!

To answer your question, fetor56, I bought the MB a little over a year ago and put over 2,000 miles since. I've been pretty good to the clutch, too (pedal-starting from stop signs, etc.).

And thanks for the link, arceeguy, I will check into that!

It seems that I have to keep adjusting the clutch-cable tighter and tighter so that the little "tag" of cable sticking out of the clutch-control-arm keeps getting longer. I've even had to adjust (twist) the carburetor out of the way to keep the control-arm from sticking.
you take the slack out of the cable, but you Adjust the clutch with the star nut under the right hand side cover.....

Did you take the right hand side cover off and check it out?

My apologies, because I'm sure this has been asked before! But, if someone would point me to a post that could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Did you try this?

http://www.motoredbikes.com/searchr...9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=adjust+clutch&sa=Search#975

Those Jaguars make pretty good motored bikes, solid frame and decent brakes
but I can't stand those big pull back bars they come with......

Last edited:
Have you check the clutch pin and ball bearing. On some occasions the bearing on these will cave in due to low quality case hardening. The symptoms,
I've even had to adjust (twist) the carburetor out of the way to keep the control-arm from sticking.
you have stated, may be just that, a caved in ball bearing.

As arceeguy first suggested, I adjusted the clutch star-bolt, added a bit of lube to the gears, put the cover back on, and she's good to go and runs very well!

Thanks for all the help, all! This site never ceases to amaze me with it's posters' expertise! Again, what I thought would be a major fix was a 10 minute adjustment!

Back