Exhaust Replacement Exhaust Gasket Suggestions??

mcassMB6

Local time
12:51 AM
Hey folks- I'd like to replace my exhaust gasket. What is my easiest and most cost effective solution?

Hey MCass,

I had to replace mine a couple of days ago, the cheapest way around here is to pick up a sheet of "gasket material". The cheapest place around where we live is B&B Performance Auto Parts on Branford Hill. It costs about 10 bucks; I'm not sure if theres a cheaper way, but this is the cheapest I found.

John

Last edited:
Since those are simple gaskets I wonder if a couple layers of aluminum foil would do the trick, cutting them with an exacto knife would be easy. Along with the original gasket.

i bought a piece of 1/16 copper for 4 dollars and drilled and dremeled it. Was a an hour of work but the benefit is it can be annealed and reused indefinitely and will not leak like my stock one fwiw.

I took 3 sheets of aliminum siding and clamped them in between two pieces of wood. Drilled a 3/4" (about) hole through them. Then cut out the rest of the shape with snips, drilled the mounting holes, applied a small bead of exhaust system sealer to both sides and mounted. Seems to work great.

Of course, I really should have just bought some gasket material. But this will get me by until I get around to it.

i recently purchased some gasket material and made a new replacement. the only thing was after riding the gasket blew out. i had to peddle 5 mi home. i did however purchase, that night, a gasket that fits a 70149 fit's ford, Mazda, Mercury, Lincoln, and Jaguar. i have added a pic of the gasket. it only cost about 5$.

Attachments

• 70149.jpg
    70149.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 275
i recently purchased some gasket material and made a new replacement. the only thing was after riding the gasket blew out. i had to peddle 5 mi home. i did however purchase, that night, a gasket that fits a 70149 fit's ford, Mazda, Mercury, Lincoln, and Jaguar. i have added a pic of the gasket. it only cost about 5$.

great !!
looks like A EGR gasket.

cheers

BlueCollar-Bob

i just picked up a few from zone8cycles(.com?) check spelling with google they are $3 free shipping, not super cheap for the small part but a hassle free way of replacing one

Back