Replacement reed petals

Spare_Parts

Local time
8:59 AM
I'm looking for replacement carbon fiber reed petals for the gt80-gt90 reed block. Zeda motor sports has them but I would like to get them this month. Anyone know where else to get them?

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Message Rob or Josh on FB directly if they have them in stock ready to go. I can do it if you're not on it.

They ship very quickly on stuff in stock, within 2 days in my experience...the problem is that they don't update their ancient website and sometimes stuff is listed that is not in stock. Then they have to order it themselves, wait forever, then ship it out to you. Other stuff like the motors and ported parts are built to order, and they often have a line, so it takes a few days for him to make them before shipping.

Not many other people push the limits on the chinagirls, so they are very busy. The big boy racer crowd following they have makes it worst, since every teen with a few weeks of pay saved up puts in orders with them,...great parts, but its seriously like a cult LOL.

I found sheets of reed material at treatland so might order from them.

Thank you for offering to contact them for me.

Maybe it's just me, but why carbon reeds? I've run the stock steel petal reeds in a couple of old DS 2 cycles for years and they don't wear appreciably.

Hodaka Road Toad 100 with over 20K and a lot of 50~55 mph highway running, I can't imagine that a motorized bike spends a lot of time running over 8K.

Maybe it's just me, but why carbon reeds? I've run the stock steel petal reeds in a couple of old DS 2 cycles for years and they don't wear appreciably.

Hodaka Road Toad 100 with over 20K and a lot of 50~55 mph highway running, I can't imagine that a motorized bike spends a lot of time running over 8K.
I think its more because some of these cheap chinese reeds come with crappy quality fiberglass reeds that fray at the ends after a while, and there isn't really a good stock replacement available. I'm sure Boysen has a suitable replacement, but would take some time to find one that fits these non-standard reed boxes and by then you're probably spending $30+ anyway and would still have to trim them so might as well get the ~$25 CF reeds :)

Well just from my own experience with flat carbon sheet, you better have a decent full face 10 micron filter mask and long gloves, and wear clothes you can dispose of later. If you're Dremeling these out, you will be liberating a billion little microscopic carbon shards that can irritate and lacerate skin, eyes, lungs, mucous membranes and other sensitive areas. These are much worse than just fiberglass fibers.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?311845-Why-is-cutting-carbon-fiber-dangerous

It's why most carbon sheet is cut with a high pressure waterjet cutter. I would not try cutting it on my own using just hand tools without some protection.

Stainless is available but where did they come from is my problem. Last thing I want is to blow a piece of steel out of the exhaust along with whatever other parts it met along the way.

Decided to order from Zeda this time, make templates, measure the thickness, read up on performance gains from thickness and make my own next time.

Back