Resolved-: Question: Can a return spring be added to the Carter Model N Carb ?

I bet a ball point pen spring slipped over the cable against the cable sheath & cable bend will be enough tension. The briggs springs were small & it dont take much tension.

The small spring (like on a ball point pen) has provided enough resistance to keep the "creep" on the throttle plate. Got the bike idling and running better than ever.

Thank you DieselTech... BTW, I also gave you credit on the CABE forum! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4399.JPG
    IMG_4399.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 70
The small spring (like on a ball point pen) has provided enough resistance to keep the "creep" on the throttle plate. Got the bike idling and running better than ever.
Lets try to refine that some more, IDK if it's necessary but maybe

Use a cable housing end cap so the spring seats in it,
Or use two cable housing caps Back to Back , spring in one and cable housing in the other
But it'll need to be soldered together

DSCF0388.JPG

DSCF0389.JPG

DSCF0391.JPG

If you are Cheap like me🤣😂🤣 use black heat shrink. Great idea! I like it Wrench.
I just realized it probably wont work The cable cap won't fit over the Z bend in the wire
It would be a PITA to straighten out the Z bend then bend it back into a Z, but maybe not

IDK what the other end of the wire cable looks like so maybe it will slip right on

I just realized it probably wont work The cable cap won't fit over the Z bend in the wire
It would be a PITA to straighten out the Z bend then bend it back into a Z, but maybe not

IDK what the other end of the wire cable looks like so maybe it will slip right on
Wire is good for one bend... I learned the hard way!

Back