Retaped Head studs to 3/8" But still more problems!

I didn't retap head studs, but I retapped my rear motor mount hole. I broke a threaded rod, I tried left hand bits no go.

So I drilled out the remaining threaded rod. I don't have expensive tools and am not going to buy any lol. I took a 6mm bolt and 2 cycle oil and rethreaded the hole with it. The threaded rod is holding 10x better then the original hole. The threaded rod has not have me any issues since.

I have rode close to 100 miles in 2 days and am so happy now. Oh I used a 13/64 drill bit, a 6mm bolt and a ratchet.

I didn't retap head studs, but I retapped my rear motor mount hole. I broke a threaded rod, I tried left hand bits no go.

So I drilled out the remaining threaded rod. I don't have expensive tools and am not going to buy any lol. I took a 6mm bolt and 2 cycle oil and rethreaded the hole with it. The threaded rod is holding 10x better then the original hole. The threaded rod has not have me any issues since.

I have rode close to 100 miles in 2 days and am so happy now. Oh I used a 13/64 drill bit, a 6mm bolt and a ratchet.

I'm glad it ended up working out for you. I had a thread on my first engine cylinder on the intake side strip out, I used a trick with wire wool to keep it in place, you just pack some in to hold it in by friction temporarily. You can also use JB weld High heat since it's not a high torque stud. Somehow it ended up not coming out ever again so I got lucky.

Back