returning

Will Snow

Local time
4:54 AM
My name is Bill Snow. I was on this forum awhile back but got side tracked and now getting interested these motorized bicycles again.

I started with motorized bicycles in the early 80's with a bike called " Bumble Bee". Did not hold up very well for me but was more enjoyable than my airplane that I put it in. That's where my interest started and grew into putting several bikes together. I have used several different engines over the years and even gave electric a try. The last bike I put together is an old Schwinn Black Phantom I have had for many years. I saw it at a garage sale and felt I couldn't live without it. A few years ago I put a new NE-5 Whizzer engine that Quention of Outer Banks SC. Hopped up. That guy does a great job on these engines, he is also a top notch person. I think there is a picture of it on this forum. I call it: Black Phantom Whizzer. It is probably is one of the very early pictures.

Bike engines I have used: Bumble Bee, MX-5, Bike Machine ( I think that was the name but I maybe off), Chinese engines, Golden Eagle and a couple of Whizzers. The electric was a currie

I am putting one together now called a " Ground Hugger " with a Golden Eagle setup.

Moved from Lynchburg Virginia to Fresno California about a year ago and starting back with the bicycles again.

I have always liked this forum, glad it is still dong so well.

Best Rregards

Bill Snow

PS: Tried to register as Bill Snow but would not accept so I used Will Snow. Probable my error, as I do with most things,I just stumble around with these computers.

Welcome back Bill, a nice re-introduction there.
Good luck on the latest project and don't stay away so long next time.:D

Welcome back.

Have you chosen an engine yet? Fresno being as flat as it is, the R/S 35 would probably do the job for you, in the 180-190 mpg range.

You are right, Fresno is a no hills area. I have a Golden Eagle 4cycle I may put on it. I'm still deciding if I will use the Ground Hugger bike, It's a little tricky to ride, maybe a little to tricky for me.

Thank you for the welcome back, that was nice.

Bill Snow

Welcome back. The one you referred to as " Bike Machine," was probably & K & S Bike Machine. I have one right now. Good unit

I like old bike motors & have had an Ohlsson & Rice, [ see my avatar] Bike Bug, homemade old rig, & now am " playing" with the K & S. With its Mitsubishi motor & great frame mount, I think is better than a lot of the expensive kits made today ! I may sell it soon, as the last one on E Bay went for $285 !! Then, I'll get another old, odd kit to play with !

Attachments

• e669_1-1.jpg
    e669_1-1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 84
Back