Review of Yong Xing machine zone 60cc

B

BSA

My friend (raph92 on this forum) and me have thrown together this bike.

This engine can be purchased at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/YXM-Zone
Bought for £50, (about 100$)

First impressions:
Box had holes in it,
Motor was intact and all parts were present.
The clutch lever was just a converted bike gear shifter with a brake handle built in, which is completely inappropriate. I replaced with a locking clutch lever from transformer cycles.
The fuel tank clamps were far to small for our top bar. A number of bolts were complete junk.

Other than that the parts were perfect.

The engine runs, and has not had any major problems. I'm running on 16-1 synthetic mix. Maximum speed for the first 50 miles is 15, and I will speed up after that. A bit of oil seeps out of the exhaust gasket.

We ditched the chain tensioner, more trouble than it was worth. Used the rear dropout to tension the chain, bought a sprung loaded tensioner for the pedal side.

Conclusion: excellent value for money, decent performance for bargain bucket prices.

Attachments

• P1000098.jpg
    P1000098.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,358
  • P1000099.jpg
    P1000099.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 984
still using the engine after roughly 600km riding. Ordered a centrifugal clutch from the same factory yesterday for user friendliness.

Good to hear yours is still pulling nicely. On another note, I have ordered two pull starts from them before, both have broken nearly immediately. the first one lastest probably two or three days but the second one literally 10 or 15 pulls, the rope is ridiculous, it isnt actually rope, its four bits of string with a sleeve around it.

well I suppose thats easy to fix.

Im not expecting the centrifugal to last long either, especially with the small sprocket.

Currently contemplating using friction pads/materials and JB Weld to DIY repair the clutch when it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still using the same engine after 2 years since my last post here.

Engine exhaust has rusted all over, most of the enamel paint finish has peeled off, CDI blew, spark plug blew, a leaky carb, and a minor problem again with the ignition (the engine hesitates abit when I apply WOT suddenly, as opposed to slowly; and sometimes has trouble keeping alive at idle depending on the climate) but its a minor issue for me (could be a major issue for you).

Besides the hesitation problem, no loss of power at all. Major improvement in smoothness and power delivery after I decided to lean the fuel mixture (changed needle setting and bent the prongs in the carb) while trying to solve the hesitating/idling problem and stop the carb from leaking fuels upwards. Massive decrease in four stroking.

Dont have odometer so have no idea of the mileage. I'm guessing that it has traveled roughly 1500km.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back