Review of Yong Xing machine zone 60cc

B

BSA

My friend (raph92 on this forum) and me have thrown together this bike.

This engine can be purchased at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/YXM-Zone
Bought for £50, (about 100$)

First impressions:
Box had holes in it,
Motor was intact and all parts were present.
The clutch lever was just a converted bike gear shifter with a brake handle built in, which is completely inappropriate. I replaced with a locking clutch lever from transformer cycles.
The fuel tank clamps were far to small for our top bar. A number of bolts were complete junk.

Other than that the parts were perfect.

The engine runs, and has not had any major problems. I'm running on 16-1 synthetic mix. Maximum speed for the first 50 miles is 15, and I will speed up after that. A bit of oil seeps out of the exhaust gasket.

We ditched the chain tensioner, more trouble than it was worth. Used the rear dropout to tension the chain, bought a sprung loaded tensioner for the pedal side.

Conclusion: excellent value for money, decent performance for bargain bucket prices.

Attachments

• P1000098.jpg
    P1000098.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,356
  • P1000099.jpg
    P1000099.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 981
The clutch lever was just a converted bike gear shifter with a brake handle built in, which is completely inappropriate.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by inappropriate? Was it well built but just not right for your rig? I'm thinking it would be good for my skyliner.

Thanks
Mickey

The gear shifter clutch lever is good idea in theory but I didn't think that it was any good at all compared to the locking clutch lever. The lever is way to stiff, just not enough leverage, I had to hold the unit in place while pushing the lever or the whole unit would just slide around the handlebar, if you know what I mean. I also prefer the control that the locking clutch lever provides.

BSA

Thanks. I guess that I'm just going to have to break down and buy new, wider bars. The stock bars just don't have enough room for all the controls but they go with the bike, so I keep trying to find a way to squeeze the controls on.

I can also see that Postage is...

Postage is also around 100usd.. or? You mentioned the motor can be had for around 100usd. Were you able to do a local pickup and save shipping costs? When I do the math, Engine is around 100, shipping around 100, total around 200usd. or? Let me know... Thanks.. Enjoy the ride....

Sorry; I meant that the price of the unit was around 100$, the shipping was 100$ as well. But I ended up spending a little bit more than that on replacing some parts, I.E clutch lever.

BSA

that is still a ...

Even at 200usd. That is still a pretty good deal.. What about Duty? What was the total cost for everything ? Let me know. Thanks..

I didn't pay any duty on this unit, I don't know why. I've beat the taxman on this one;) The locking clutch lever was approximately 30$ including postage (quite a bit overpriced considering the postage was from within the same country!)

This is a really fun engine, particularly for a first build, for my next project I might get a higher quality 70cc or a four stroke. By the way thatsdax, are the frame mount titan xc50 available yet and at what price? I'm seriosly considering it for my next project.

BSA

The Titan is..

We have no plans for an in frame version. The Carrier version is so good that the company has lost interest in an in frame version. Not to pour water on that fire. But do not hold your breath. The Titan engines and PTO's arrived Yesterday. I still need a few production parts made Locally here in USA and the Titan will go up for sale.

Also.. I too have noticed that using Postal Service the Duty is very low to other countries. When using FEDEX or UPS, Duty is higher. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

Done 50 miles now, and she's getting stronger and stronger. I will change the fuel to standard two stroke oil at 25-1 mixed with synthetic oil to bump the mixture up to 16-1. No real problems apart from the fact that it floods often when starting.

BSA

Back