Review this build

Reccomended Vendor

• [url]www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine-kits/flying-horse-silver-66-80cc-bicycle-engine-kit-epa.html[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url]www.Ebay.com[/url]

• Gasbikes [url]http://www.gasbike.net/product_51_detailed.html[/url]

• Other (stated in the comments)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jla

Local time
10:09 PM
Has anybody ever done a Ozone 500 Men's Canyon 26" Mountain Comfort Bicycle before?
It seem like a pretty decent bike with full suspension (probably no better than a hard tail) .It has nice space to work with too.

5N75Gd5Kf3p63p13pec72d2bf4576e5fa1349.jpg

I was wondering if the GRUBEE 2011 SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc 2 stroke Kit from gasbike.net is any better than the ebay 2 stroke-ones or are the all genric chinese happpy times.

Which vendor do you recommend an ebay one, gasbikes.net, or bikeberry.com? They all ship the 66/80cc kit that I want at about $200 or less.

Well, it looks like an aluminum bike. I think I'd avoid that. The consensus is that aluminum just won't stand up to the vibration and 'smacking around' that a motor assisted bicycle goes through. I think there are those who disagree, but I think they're a definite minority.

But if I really wanted that bike, then I might go ahead and give it a try. I'd just be determined to ride it very gently. It can be done.

The rear suspension is tempting and it should be do-able. It'll have one drawback, though. When it's compressed your drive chain will slacken. That could be remedied with a good spring mounted tensioner. But it would have to be a good one. You might have to build your own to get one that's up to speed.

As for the vendors, they all sell pretty much the same two stroke 'happy time' or 'china girl' kits. Some will have components that are a bit better than others. But there's not much real difference.

An actual vendor ( Bike Berry, Spooky Tooth, ThatsDax, etc) will support the sale better than your typical ebay vendor.

But once you know what you're doing, you don't need much real support.

Still, I've bought from 'real' vendor more than ebay simply because I want to have a good relationship with these guys. Sooner or later (it'll take a while) I'll have bought from all of them.

But I guess I'm rambling. Back on subject!

That bike is, no doubt, build-able. But I think I might look to something else. A steel frame beach cruiser, for instance.

Nice bike, thats my style of bike to ride in comfort. Check out rock solid motors lots of good things said about them about quality HTs.

You'd have to do something with the cables on the top bar in order to mount the gas tank, otherwise it looks like it would be a sweet little ride. A spring-loaded chain tensioner would definitely be the thing with the rear suspension. The cheaper kits on ebay are just that...Kits. If you take the engine apart and check everything out, they are pretty much the same, but I and others have had engines with missing parts and flotsam inside the cases, misaligned bearings, stripped or untightened bolts and nuts, etc. At least you would have some kind of warranty with a reputable dealer.

Not entirely true

Well, it looks like an aluminum bike. I think I'd avoid that. The consensus is that aluminum just won't stand up to the vibration and 'smacking around' that a motor assisted bicycle goes through. I think there are those who disagree, but I think they're a definite minority.

Though i do agree with you in that my preference is for a steel frame, (partly because it transmits noticeably less vibration to the handlebars) it is not the defining factor in making a decision of steel vs aluminium.
It is the question of an effective braking system that is the defining and deciding factor in choosing aluminium because it is virtually impossible to find a bike with front and rear disk brakes that uses a steel frame.

My bike has now traveled over 37,000 kilometers on an aluminium frame, in fact the frame has outlasted 7 engines (currently on an 8th engine), and been through a torrent of hard knocks, to the point where i had to design a chain stabilisation system to keep things operating correctly when riding over shockingly bad surfaces.

It's not so much the material but the care of assembly; making sure the aluminium surface is not heavily scratched or scored or deformed or distorted by the engine mounting system, ensuring cracks cannot propagate from such an area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back