reviews on grube frame-mount 4 stroke ?

Good question.I don't have any reviews but i do have an opinion eventhough i havn't tried one.....it's the best your going to get.
Combine a Grubee gearbox/clutch frame mount kit with a Honda GXH50(or clone) and u can be satisfied that you've done your best.
He also does rear mounts but i don't know how good they are...i've never heard any bad reports so they must be ok.
Personally i would "hang-out" for the new Dax model if your interested in a rear mount......great expectations there.

Does anyone have any reviews or opinions on the grube 4 stroke kits?
I've built two. It is a good product. It takes a little time to break them in . Make sure you add 90w (gear oil) to the transmission.
later/Mbikey

My opinion? The basics are right- the mounting plate, gearbox, etc., but you should replace all the nuts and bolts you can with quality stuff from your local hardware store.

I have the Honda engine and there is the potential for good speed.

I have one.. and..

I have one. The engine is great !! The Gear box is poor. Very noisy, tried adding GO 90 and it made it worse. The oil made it only slightly quieter, but then the clutch slipped with oil. so.. I drained the oil, the clutch quit slipping, but it is back to being super loud !!! I can not hear the engine the Gear box is so loud !! It is embarrassingly loud. I quit riding it with only 90 miles on it. I have heard some say the gear box gets a little quieter after a few hundred miles. I am not sure of this since I quit riding mine. I am not sure if it gets quieter for those folks or if they are going deaf from the loud gearbox. It was then I then decided to pursue other avenues using 4 stroke engines. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

I saw somewhere that the gearbox was filled with transmission fluid but can't remember where I saw it or just how long ago. The gearbox case was actually drilled and tapped, top and bottom and plugs installed. I'll look around again to see if I can find it.

I think that I have read about someone trying every type of fluid combination there is. My gearbox is working with bearing grease only and is not at all loud. I got my gearbox late last summer. I read that the gearboxes shipped from late '06 to early '07 were noisier.

I have one. The engine is great !! The Gear box is poor. Very noisy, tried adding GO 90 and it made it worse. The oil made it only slightly quieter, but then the clutch slipped with oil. so.. I drained the oil, the clutch quit slipping, but it is back to being super loud !!! I can not hear the engine the Gear box is so loud !! It is embarrassingly loud. I quit riding it with only 90 miles on it. I have heard some say the gear box gets a little quieter after a few hundred miles. I am not sure of this since I quit riding mine. I am not sure if it gets quieter for those folks or if they are going deaf from the loud gearbox. It was then I then decided to pursue other avenues using 4 stroke engines. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...
If you change the gear oil a couple times & put some mile on her she turn quieter.
Mine at about 100miles.
HOUGH is right about the nuts & bolts. I paid $4 bucks to change them
later/Mbikey

Houghmade, where did you buys yours?

I don't want to get deep into it, but is the same kit you can get from Bicycle-Engines.com. I am not anxious to send people where I got mine. I got what I paid for and I am happy with the kit, but it took a long time and there have been other issues with my compatriots on this board.

Back