Reving up

D

davidsis

Can the motorized 2 stroke bicycle engine be ran at high RPMs for a long period of time like a weed wacker or a chain saw. When I say long period of time I mean like for 5 minutes streches.

Comparing apples to oranges. THese engines top out at 6600 rpm while weedwhacker engines rev higher.

Don't know enough about your question to give you an answer. What do you wish to do? Rev it as fast as it will go at idle or try to go fast with engine under normal load?

FYI, my engine(s) are run at full throttle 99% of the time. Make sure you run 25:1 oil in the crankcase or your wrist pin bushing bearing willl fail.

now, if you're asking how long can you ride wide-open at a stretch:

i ran WOT 20-25mph (i had 60lbs of supplies in my surplus ALICE pack) for an hour at a stretch, then stopped to let it completely cool, give it a 10mm wrench-test, & top the tank...i covered 165 miles of coastal mountains in 12 hours.

she's still running great right up to this very mile 8)

Augi,
You burning castor oil in your fuel mix? You are proving what I have been saying about these engines: They work fine if ridden hard and long provided that they are broken in and run with a good quality oil.

rc'...penzoil at 30:1 for that trip, 32:1 for regular useage.

i tore it down afterwards, it had a nice viscous coating of oil everywhere inside, i was pleased.

I use bel-ray mc+1 synthetic 32:1 Here in tucson we have a 20mph limit, what rpm that is I dont know but I did a 42mile trip none stop. And that was at 110 degree's. Reading you guy's, now I wonder if I shouldnt pull it apart and make sure I have not damage anything.

If you have broken in your motor the correct way you should have no problem with hi rpm runs but there is always room for errors.....Newton's law will apply 8)

Back