• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Ricksahw

C

Cookie

OK here it is we have a rickshaw and I want to motorise it BUT the motor is going to have tobe either on the ft tire or make a rack on the back of the rickshaw......we need to find a motor stron enough to "pull" the weight of 3 adults. Any ideas????

Cookie

azbill

could we get a pic ?
it would help in giving advice
sounds like a very cool project !!! :D:D

S

smapadatha

That...sounds like an interesting project...

In my opinion, the EH0-Trey-Fiver is more than stron enough to pull three adults and a ricksahw. Please see the attached specification.

-Sam

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

:cool:Hmmmmm, total weight is what, 750lbs? the quietest setup would be the electric hub that MAIN STREET offers for $1k+. of course you can scratch build an electric drive cheaper than what MAIN STREET retails its hub. unsure if 36vdc could pull that rickshaw. a 72vdc hookup probably would.

i presume you're not going faster than 15mph. methinks that a STATON GEAR CHAIN box with HONDA GX50 would fit the bill. the gearbox is made to pull a wheelbarrow full of wet cement, so it's got the low-end torque and it's super-heavy-duty. it'd have to have custom installation, to tie into your main axle.

i wouldn't think of installing friction drive, or anything driving off the wheel(s).

unsure if any gas engine would be too noisy for passengers.

Myron

C

Cookie

that sounds like what we are looking for ...electric just dose not seem strong enough but the gas chain drive sounds like the ticket to ride :)

Cookie