Ricksahw

C

Cookie

OK here it is we have a rickshaw and I want to motorise it BUT the motor is going to have tobe either on the ft tire or make a rack on the back of the rickshaw......we need to find a motor stron enough to "pull" the weight of 3 adults. Any ideas????

Cookie

That...sounds like an interesting project...

In my opinion, the EH0-Trey-Fiver is more than stron enough to pull three adults and a ricksahw. Please see the attached specification.

-Sam

Attachments

• rickshaw.jpg
    rickshaw.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 311
:cool:Hmmmmm, total weight is what, 750lbs? the quietest setup would be the electric hub that MAIN STREET offers for $1k+. of course you can scratch build an electric drive cheaper than what MAIN STREET retails its hub. unsure if 36vdc could pull that rickshaw. a 72vdc hookup probably would.

i presume you're not going faster than 15mph. methinks that a STATON GEAR CHAIN box with HONDA GX50 would fit the bill. the gearbox is made to pull a wheelbarrow full of wet cement, so it's got the low-end torque and it's super-heavy-duty. it'd have to have custom installation, to tie into your main axle.

i wouldn't think of installing friction drive, or anything driving off the wheel(s).

unsure if any gas engine would be too noisy for passengers.

Myron

that sounds like what we are looking for ...electric just dose not seem strong enough but the gas chain drive sounds like the ticket to ride :)

Cookie

Back