Riding in rain ,How to protect wires/electrical components?

Fenders are a must when riding in the rain. Damn thin 700c tires can kick up a lot of water right on you.

He's wanting to use it to take a long trip on. I've ridden a couple 66 cc engined bikes they vibrate pretty intensely. My own 48 isn't super smooth, but, it's much better at 27 mph than the 66's were at 19 mph.

So yeah if you had read my entire post you would a noticed why I suggested this, vibration kills bicycle components. There's no indication he's already bought this engine yet and he's free to ignore me.

Yeah I did read your post, but still. He probably had to save money for it for a long time, he probably finally got it, he's probably very happy, and here's someone telling him to get an other engine. lol

Yeah I did read your post, but still. He probably had to save money for it for a long time, he probably finally got it, he's probably very happy, and here's someone telling him to get an other engine. lol
And he probably owns a drill. Even a cheapo cordless drill is enough with decent drill bits. It's suchhh a simple and quick job to correct (improve) the 66cc engine's balance that it would be unthinkable to give up some displacement just to not have to bother doing it.

Well wich would be cheaper, getting a new engine, or, (if you don't have one) getting a drill to fix the better one? ;)

And the drill can be used for many things, but a new engine can only be used as an engine. And what would he do with the older one?
It may not be easy for him to drill it, or he may be scared to, I don't know. But, you can't ruin it all that much if you read up on it. And even if you do, ordering a new crankshaft, as well as the drill, is still cheaper than a full new engine.

He's wanting to use it to take a long trip on. I've ridden a couple 66 cc engined bikes they vibrate pretty intensely. My own 48 isn't super smooth, but, it's much better at 27 mph than the 66's were at 19 mph.

So yeah if you had read my entire post you would a noticed why I suggested this, vibration kills bicycle components. There's no indication he's already bought this engine yet and he's free to ignore me.
well i plan to take a long trip and camping with an tent to save money from hotels,so that means that i always carry quite some heavy gear,so thats the reason for a powerfull engine,also doesnt the anti vibration rubber mount help?

yes alot of money,when i build it i had either to buy cheap -free postage pieces from china or qualty ones from usa, but i live in eastern europe,the delivery was normally 2 times the price of the item,for example a 50$ muffler also had a 100$ delivery fee,and it took around 1 month to get.Quite sad because not many people in my country own these bikes because even the cheapest poor qualty kit from ebay can get to prices to a second hand scooter here, so the whole basic idea of cheap transportation dissapears.

,also doesnt the anti vibration rubber mount help
No, it makes things worse. Do not use rubber in your engine mounts. Mount your engine a rigidly as you can.
Read this:

Rear mount I go directly to seat tube. Front mount I use a piece of split steel or aluminum tubing. Size it to the OD of the down tube and use a muffler clamp with split halves between the clamp. This eliminates direct pinching on the down tube and increase frame life. Also if you use this setup get some 8.8 bolts for the plate to engine connection And use medium strength thread locker on the 8.8 bolts and Ubolt nuts, as well as the nuts on the rear mount. Make sure all the studs are threaded in fully on the engine to avoid pulling them out while tightening. Anything placed between the frame and mount other than metal will quickly wear out causing a loose fit, more vibration, and eventually frame damage.
View media item 61612

Last edited:
Oh, I live in central europe. The shipping price from America is just sad! That's why I don't order from there! Double the price!

Oh, I live in central europe. The shipping price from America is just sad! That's why I don't order from there! Double the price!
yea but better qualty than chinese products
still some products from usa are from china so you must be carefull not to order a chinese product from usa because you would waste money on shipping

Back