Riding in rain ,How to protect wires/electrical components?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
heat shrink tubing over black vinyl tape on every connection outside the magneto cover,....and remove the black rubber plug the wires pass through,..and RTV the hole in the case,...put the plug back in the hole,...and then rtv the hole in the plug where the wires pass thru. heavy. and then take your finger and smear it smooth around the wire(s). finally,... IMMOBILIZE the wires,...permanently. (zip ties?) letting/allowing those wires to move will break that precious, fragile rtv seal.

I personally heat shrink tube the wires *past* the plug into the mag case about an inch,... so the rtv seal is better right there,... where it counts. i'll even smear lots of rtv on the wires where they pass thru the plug before I heat shrink tube it so they are buried in rtv,..forever. its the only way to be absolutely sure.

"----take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. --it's the only way to be sure..."---- (top 5 quote from "aliens")

Last edited:
"----take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. --it's the only way to be sure..."---- (top 5 quote from "aliens")

Soldier (1998). Gary Busey says "My daddy was in maintenance and he had a saying, he used to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

He also said 'My daddy always said, "When you want to insert a nail into a piece of wood, don't do anything fancy or glamorous. Just take the damn hammer and hit the son of a b**ch until it's in." '

Put hand over carb, pull the choke up fully with your thighs and then rev the engine to max, quickly take off spark plug.

That's a level of ambidextrous that most humans aren't adept at, not to mention using your thighs to lift up the choke?

I'll just continue to easily press the yellow kill button with my right thumb, KayThanxBye.

Yes, people told me that, on this forum. But you can continue using your kill switch if you like. And yeah, you can just reach down there if you want to.

Back