Riding in the rain

Tauseef

Local time
2:32 PM
So i have gone through the forum searching how people ride in the rain.
..tyres should not slip
..speed be moderate
..prefer disc brakes inrain
..cover the engine kill switch from water

What else as a tip to ride in rain ?

Same rules for riding in rain on a motorbike apply to riding a bicycle:

Keep speed down and allow for extra stopping distance;

Keep the bike as upright as possible during turns;

Properly attached and secured fenders help a lot!

Lights front and back.

drop two gears in every corner and plant it, feel the rear end spin for two hundred metres :D

decent wet weather pants, and gumboots. if its really heavy, and rains a lot...get a set of waders and keep the extremities of ones body DRY.

there have been tests made on bike tyres...you have to do about 270 before you can get a standard 700c tyre to "hydroplane".

therefore, slicks or near close to slick is better.... but rubber compounds make a difference on actual friction... and friction is what keeps you up.

dont use cheap "plasticy" tyres...

Don't get warter in your magnito cover or the magnito is dead. motor bike helmet and wet weather gear costs a bit but if it's good enough for a real motorbike it better for you and fenders stops the spray in your face and ass. never had a kill switch go bad there's a big gap in the connection so it would take a lot of water to short it I think.

My concern has always been about water getting into the carburetor, would it be a good idea to cover or make some sort of shroud for a carburetor air filter to keep the water out?
If you're not using one of those plastic card covers I have using more of it all around air intake Carb filter.

And as far as the Magneto where the wire goes in have used a very good silicone Cover the hole where the wires go into the Magneto on the engine block where there's that little rubber grommet that the wires go into I seal it with silicone and made a nice drive around it

Never got warter in the carby the bike frame stops that spray on it and warter can get past the covers thay don't sit flat

OK, riddle me this. I had an offset carburetor intake. Until I lost the air filter By the time I realized and turned around it had been crushed by a car I mean crushed! Now I went back to standard Carb with flat plastic air filter. Everytime I come to stop or slowdown & pull in my clutch, VVRRRROOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!! it wants to redline praticly. I even swapped out carburetors. Yahoo think my plug is too hot or??? Pin adjustment needed. Its on the center notch. From Chicago.

Back