Riding in the rain

Slick tyres also pick up significantly less water due to reduced surface area, so even if you're going through corners carefully and not losing grip (or powersliding like headsmess) with the trail tyres they still soak you and the bike much worse than slicks.

Hard part is seeing where you are going the faster I go the more I can't see that's with a full face helmet need like windscreen wipers all my wet weather gear is triumph $400 jacket and $300 pants as a set thay are warter snow proof my friends work at Harley hevon so I get discount $50 each o yeah and I look like a biker lol

Not personally an issue, but I had a thought recently, which ties in well with a hobby horse of mine - that if you cant lift it, its no longer a bike.

The real journey pooper is coming to a water channel you cant ride thru.

To simply heft it on your shoulder and wade would be a major plus.

oh. maybe it was the reference to using slicks...

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/slicks.html
http://bicycles.stackexchange.com/q...o-ride-a-racing-road-bike-in-very-wet-weather

the second one raises a VERY GOOD POINT!

steer clear of painted lines and metal objects, they will always bring you unstuck.

so will timber, yep, theres at least three timber bridges in my area.

i have hydroplaned on a moto before, and my gawd, is it scary! teach me to let my front tyre to get down to 4psi before checking it!

so, also have your tyres well inflated.
Yep, those painted lines can get you on a motorized bike, my magneto hole is sealed and I have an ATV kill switch. My brakes do slip a bit more but I do go slower and allow myself to have proper stopping distance. I rode after the rain once and locked up my front brake and I slid for sometime on some slick pavement. Those painted lines have less traction on their surface as well. I found that out when the back of my bike kicked out from one but I was fortunate to hook it back up on the pavement surface. That was definitely sketchy at best.

2 surprises i got were:

entering a drive at the wrong angle and the lip at the kerb was a little high and new. Suddenly the contact surface was tiny and smooth - kaboom

the other was fallen leaves. They are slippery, layered and v treacherous.

ha ha. was raining today...why on earth did i think being a motorcycle courier is a good idea? other than...because its great? if not very good money... at least i meet some spunky receptionists! but yuck...10 hours in the rain tested out my gear! and only one (or two possibly) wheel spins...

but today i saw one, some guy almost KO himself as he slipped on a drain grate (just walking in the rain...) and two, someone else decided that they would drive their car off the road (not like the corner is even cambered the wrong way...) and um...over the owner of the property that happened to be bringing his bins in...he, erm...died. que sera, sera...

yes, water can be treacherous stuff!

as can concrete, when covered in wet leaves... who on earth "helicopters" a footpath? (helicopter...those spinning things concretors use to get those slick, glazed concrete floors)

So it rained here in my town today , and it was my first experience on motoredbike !
starting it was a problem due to tyre slip :p
And yes as you all advised, rode very very slow

I ride my motorcycle in the rain all the time as besides my motor bike my motorcycle is the only transportation I have. Been know to ride all day in the rad for 600 plus miles on road trips what is the big deal????????

wet clothes ain't gonna kill you
one day i shall try and prove this statement incorrect! maybe if i wrap them round my neck or something?

omg, today was like a sea with slots cut in it... or night i should say... the only time i dislike riding in the rain is at night, in heavy peak hour traffic. cant see a freaking thing! ever tried finding an address, let alone a particular street in the pouring rain whilst three hundred cars are trying to crawl up your rear end? blinded by oncoming headlights, everything fogged up... maniacs in giant 4wds that cant look where they are going, taxi drivers that dont care where theyre going... :) its all fun til i get hit :)

Back