Riding MBs - Necessity or Therapy ?

Sorry,

I falsely accused Skyliner of starting this, and denied MountainMan proper credit.

A friend of mine is a "recreational therapist". I think that idea says it all. He seems like a pretty happy guy to me.

Brenton

A MB is great for road ragers. I used to be a pretty bad rager on my truck or car once upon a time. After smelling the air... man. It's barley gonna be a year I've been doing this. I started riding MB's in August of last year... I find when I ride my vehicles now I no longer tailgate nor do I feel like I have to pass everyone.
Why MB's get such a bad rap I'll never know. If everyone only knew.

My MB is a necessity.....for a back-up mode of transpo. In case of any type of crisis that might come about.

It's fun to ride. Having fun is therapeutic. More so than any drink, or a frontal lobotomy.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. But it's better to be riding a bike, than being a resident in psych."

Hey mark - maybe that's what's going on here - I stopped drinking a little over 9 months ago - yes, I was a pretty heavy drinker - started causing some troubles - instead of a drink now - I have been going on some long rides - good for the soul - yes, at times there can be a little edge to life which I wish to remove - could go to my Old Doctor - presctiption ?? NO - I got just what I needed today on that fine ride out in the country - not to forget - hit the BIG CITY today also -- so for today we will call it - SOME CHEAP THERAPY !!! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

I quite smoking. Its a habit I've had for 20 years. I was never a heavy smoker but enough enough of one to know I was hooked on nicotine.

Riding a MB helps me unwind in a way that provides similar benefits of that nicotine fix...calms and soothes my nerves.

biped

Or bipedal. I love to walk, used to love running too. But it seems I was born to ride two wheels. Throw in a little motor and I'm giddy and smiling. Couldn't wait to get home and fiddle with the bike and take an easy (broke spoke) cruise around the neighborhood. Stopped and talked to a couple of old boys enjoying the sunset. Bikes or walking help you keep in touch with people. A little motor is a great conversation starter. Everyone is fascinated by it. I must be regressing - now I have what I always wanted as a kid.

" In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal."

or

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. -- Marcus Aurelius"

Today while riding on the edge of the city I saw a bald eagle flying off with a cat.
The cat wasn't moving. I've heard of these things happening before but never saw it.
Poor cat must have been on it's 9th life. OMG, I hope my 32 lb white fluffy dog is safe.

I hear bald eagles only go for animals 31 lbs and lower. Fluffy is safe! I guarantee it. If I lie? You can throw eggs at my house.

;-)

Back